When you get that feeling..

Sparxx

Registered
I think all of us have had a "feeling" that we should NOT be on two wheels at one point or another. If ever something moves you to NOT ride DON'T!

The vice president of our motorcycle club went down at 65 mph with a passenger when his back tire blew out as SOON as his R1's tire hit the beginning of a "new" bridge on RT 288. THANKFULLY he and his passenger survived. He has a broken collarbone and burns-full gear saved him. SHE caught it bad! She was wearing a friend of hers modular helmet
thumb_down.gif
lost her top row of teeth when the front of that P.O.S. helmet snapped off and 2 broken wrists, broken bone in her back and serious burns and rash. 30 minutes prior I was riding behind them in formation but something said go home and I did. The accident wasn't far from my house-so when I got the call I got in my truck to pick up the pieces of what was an R1 and saw my boy getting air lifted away and the rest of my club on a bridge in tears. I beat myself up with the "should have been me" and the sight of blood trails 20 foot long on the road kept me from sleeping a few nites.

I just wanted to share that and ask for my .org brothers to send prayers up for Krocodile and Gail and their families. Kroc had looked at me right as we were mounting up and said he just wasn't feeling it and should go home. Hindsight is 20/20 and you cannot deny the passion we ALL have for riding but all I ask is If it doesn't feel right PLEASE don't do it.

Dang it bro, very sorry to hear this. Prayers go out. You are right, and I have had that feeling before and didnt ride because of it. Trust your gut and your instincts. I hope you can get some rest, pictures like that are hard to get out of you head.

WOW. Prayers sent. Hope Everyone Recovers Soon. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: "What is a Modular Helmet?" Also What caused the tire to Blow ?

WOW. Prayers sent. Hope Everyone Recovers Soon. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: "What is a Modular Helmet?" Also What caused the tire to Blow ?
In all honesty-we think it's a combination of the metal joints in the bridge and SHINKO tires being the cheapest P.O.S. tires ever! They are great track tires (sticky) but are terrible for street use.

NOTE To SELF:  "SHINKO Tires SUCK"  

This SUCKS soo Bad for that POOR Couple.  They went Down on No Fault of there Own. They Shouldn't Sell Shi.. Tires for Motorcycles.

And My wife gave me a Bunch of Crap for Getting a New Tire Once I Seen the Wear Marks......
rock.gif

DAMN!

You are right about that certain "feeling" you get. I'm glad you followed your gut instincts.

Here's to a speedy recovery for your riding partner and his passenger.
beerchug.gif

PRAYERS SENT, Last time I had that feeling, I ignored it and wrecked, messed my bike up and broke ankle and toe. Had gear but only sneakers on. Helmet saved my life. Had hole in helmet from broken sign I impacted. All day before riding I had feeling to go home.

PEOPLE LISTEN TO YOUR FEELINGS!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe we can get a little paypal money going to help with medical expenses..??? let me know ill do wha i can wont be much but every little bit may help... anyone else intrested?

Back