IT DONT TAKE SPEED TO HURT YOU

I'm glad you both are OK. I hope the person in the car gets what's coming to them.

Broken collarbones SUCK !
I'll share a story about my dad's slow speed crash. He was one tough sucker.  This happened when my dad was 65. He was riding slowly with his girlfriend on a dirt road in Death Valley. He hit a rock and the bike went down. His leg was trapped under the bike so his girlfriend  helped him get free. She was thrown clear. They road to a motel. She told him he needed to go to the hospital. He said he would go when they got home. He told her to just wrap duct tape around his ribs and over his shoulder. So he road for the next 2 days back to Logan Utah. He unpacked that night and went to the VA hospital 50 miles away the next morning. He had a broken collarbone and six broken ribs. I said to him "man that must have hurt!" He said, "I felt everybump but wasn't going to waste my time going to a hospital out of town and run up a big bill."

<!--EDIT|mikeo
Reason for Edit: None given...|1129309776 -->

People who think you have to be going fast to get hurt should try this... Take off running as fast as you can. Not sure what the average human running speed is but I know it's not 25-30 mph. Anyway, as soon as you're running as fast as you can, just fall to the ground. I promise you, if you're more than 6 years old it will hurt.
biggrin.gif
 Hell, I crashed my mountain bike one time and had just got it rolling from a dead stop. Hadn't even made a full revolution of the pedals. I was out of work for two days because I couldn't lift one arm high enough to put a uniform shirt on.
rock.gif
Hahaha.....all I can think about is Beavis and Butthead for some reason.

I'm glad you both are OK. I hope the person in the car gets what's coming to them.

I'll share a story about my dad's slow speed crash. He was one tough sucker.  This happened when my dad was 65. He was riding slowly with his girlfriend on a dirt road in Death Valley. He hit a rock and the bike went down. His leg was trapped under the bike so his girlfriend  helped him get free. She was thrown clear. They road to a motel. She told him he needed to go to the hospital. He said he would go when they got home. He told her to just wrap duct tape around his ribs and over his shoulder. So he road for the next 2 days back to Logan Utah. He unpacked that night and went to the VA hospital 50 miles away the next morning. He had a broken collarbone and six broken ribs. I said to him "man that must have hurt!" He said, "I felt everybump but wasn't going to waste my time going to a hospital out of town and run up a big bill."
Wow....yer dads one tough dood. I have broken my collar bone (the same one) 3 times. Thats some horrible pain right there mr.

You can kill yourself by falling down(from standing) and hitting your head. Sure speed helps the odds of injury, but 0 speed can still kill ya.

Glad you're ok

I hate thieves, drunk drivers, and hit& runs
guns.gif

if i ever get hit and they run my description of the car to the police will be just look for the one with the bullet holes in the back lol.

Slow speed falls can be the worst as you end up absorbing all of the energy very quickly . I broke my collarbone when I fell in the grass at maybe 15-20 mph in full leather . Nothing on the bike or my gear was broke .  I've crashed at the track and when you slide for awhile at least you know you are dissapaiting energy
smile.gif

+1 I broke my collar bone and helmet in a sub 20 MPH crash.  I was wearing leathers, and they got rashed instead of me
smile.gif
Cost to repair the bike $215. New Helmet $250. 12 weeks for the collar bone to heal.

Glad you are back.

smile.gif

Wow....yer dads one tough dood. I have broken my collar bone (the same one) 3 times. Thats some horrible pain right there mr.
Yes he was. I had 3 cracked ribs once and they hurt like hell. It hurt to breathe, cough, crap, just about anything the took a little straining.

Glad you were not hurt worse. Sounds like you have learned your lesson on safty gear so I wount preach to you!

Back