When you get that feeling..

Godspeed, prayers sent. I had Shinkos on my bike, and have serveal friends that use them never a problem.

Sorry to hear,prayers sent. Shinko running now on the rear with no problems.

Prayers sent! God speed to both. Full face helmet or no riding for me. Modular helmets aren't as good in a wreck, but it's better than a skull cap or nothing.

maybe we can get a little paypal money going to help with medical expenses..??? let me know ill do wha i can wont be much but every little bit may help... anyone else intrested?
I don't have paypal, just let me know where, I'll send $$ order, for DR., or bike. Won't be much, but every bit helps, right ??

We have ALL had that feeling, and most of the time keep riding (well I did) !! I allso was on a ride last year, and just wasn't feelin it, ended up going down in some gravel, About $1,000.00 later, and a lump to my ego, I don't think I'll do it again ??

My prayers are with you, and the 2 riders !!!!!!!!!!!!

GOD, PLEASE DON'T LET US HAVE ANOTHER YEAR, LIKE LAST ONE, PLEEEEEEEEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW. Prayers sent. Hope Everyone Recovers Soon. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: "What is a Modular Helmet?" Also What caused the tire to Blow ?
In all honesty-we think it's a combination of the metal joints in the bridge and SHINKO tires being the cheapest P.O.S. tires ever! They are great track tires (sticky) but are terrible for street use.
That's a BS statement. I've run Shinko's for a couple years with no problems.

PRAYERS SENT,,,

had that feeling my last ride out one of ours guys drop his bike,one almost got side swiped, we got rained on badly and made it home at 2am

sorry to hear that but i get the feeling sometimes and i just stay home or take the cage... prayers sent

Here is wishing your friends a speedy recovery.

There is only one reason to buy Shinko tires "CHEAP"! Personally, I'd never go cheap on tires as they are the magic seperating me from disaster. I've never seen a bike at the track shod with Shinko's unless it was in the beginners group. As long as Dunlop and Pirelli are making tires, I'll stick to the good stuff!

I too, am curious about the tire? If it was worn out, underinflated riding double or maybe he ran over something that cut through the carcass?

Prayers sent out as well. That sucks, but it could happen to anyone at anytime. Hell, look how bad car accidents can be.

Dear Vernon

I'm very sorry to learn of your friends' extreme misfortune!

That kind of stuff scares the crap out of me. If my wife were to read that, she'd make me sell my bike.

Man, that's just awful!

I wish your friends speedy and full recoveries. Bless their hearts!

--Jaddie

This time of year, the beginning of the season,I am often nervous about heading out.
I think that feeling is natural and benefical. It forces us to be cautious and conscious, to take extra care for those first few weeks.

If I were to not ride when most times I'm a bit anxious, perhaps I would rarely ride, and infact determine that getting rid of the bike would be best.

Usually, when you feel out of sorts, it's because you are "aware" of an issue. Whether its equipment related, or weather conditions, or personal health. It's important try to work through those seasonal jitters but respect them just the same.

Be safe out there everyone. The first few weeks are statistically the most difficult.

WOW, prayers are with them. I saw the accident on the news, and have ridden on that bridge many times(sometimes over the speed limit on my K8
whistling.gif
). All that section seems pretty smooth to me.

Ill pay more attention to the metal joints next time I'm on that bridge.

Prayers sent out as well.

Those two piece helmets BAD news, Thats about the 3 or 4 story I heard of those types of helmets breakin apart.

Prayers sent. Yes I have gotten that feeling before ... heed the warning.

Shinko is a drag race tire, not great for the street IMO.

Thanks for all the luv guys! To answer a question, it was a new set of Shinkos freshly mounted a few months prior at a reputable bike shop. I just left Kroc today and I was driving him around in his '05 GTO and he said-"I got something that can run with most bikes with HEAT/AIR and a RADIO!!"
cool.gif
The young lady is healing well also.

Thanks again fam for your luv!! Our motorcycle club is covering whatever he needs;but thanks for the offers-it makes me feel good that I can express something that has happened to people I don''t even know personally and get so much luv returned. You guys are truly the BEST!! THANKS!

Back