IT DONT TAKE SPEED TO HURT YOU

busa9

Registered
Its been quite some time since i eas inthis fourm so let me tell you why!!!

I decided to take a ride one afternoon and I put on my leathers and was ready to go!! a friend of mine wanted to go for a ride on the "BUSA" so of course I said ok I only had one helmet with me so I told them they could go only if they wore it which left me without I thought no big deal this would be just an easy ride no fast stuff!!! So headed out, things were going good until I came up on this one lane bridge and by one lane I mean one lane. This bridge is wicked so I knew to slow way down I got a third of the way on this bridge and a car came flying up onto the bridge I had no option but to move as far to the right as I could I was doing 20-30 mph. At this point things are not to clear to me becouse I dont remember most of what happened to this day but I did go up to the bridge later and found out that I had to move so far to the right that my handlebars got caught in the girders of the bridge and flung the bike to the left and to the ground I was only going 20-30 mph. The crash threw me to the ground my passenger said later that I tried to grab her and keep her on my back as it went down I dont know why I did this other than I felt it must have been the right thing to do like I said I dont rember any thing much after I got on the bridge!!!! After the crash my passanger thought i was dead the crash knocked me out and the impact had split the back of my head open I was only doing 20-30 mph!!!! My passanger ran almost a mile until she found someone that was home, this bridge is way out in the country and it was a sat so no one was home, after help arived I was still on the bridge and still out cold!!! The man and lady that came down there picked me up and took me to there house they said that I told them I was fine I dont rember but I told them to call my friend stan and within 10 min he was there!! He told me later that the woman was a nurse at a local hospital and had cleaned me up pretty good I dont rember he said that I told him that my right side felt funny and he took off my shirt and said jim you got to go to the hospitial now I was only going 20-30 mph!!!
So off I go to make a long story short I broke my collar bone in 3 places, had 2 cuts on my head, one needed 6 stiches and one need 4 staples, I dislocated my shoulder and had road rash on my face and the muffler burned my ankle my passenger only a small patch of road rash on her right arm I was only going 20-30mph!!!!! My busa had damage to the top cowl, the right lower, it broke the cluch cover,broke the break pedal, and trashed my hindle so now I get a chance to do some more custom work on my bike, and by the way the bike only ended up about 5 feet from me and I was only doing 20-30 mph!!!
I just thank god that me and my passanger are alive and well and as a final remark THE CAR DID NOT STOP!!!!!!

RIDE SAFE AND RIDE FAST busa9

Sorry to hear such a thing. You are right, it doesnt take high speed to hurt yourself.

Get another helmet. You not only would have spared your head the injuries, but you would have certainly rode faster if you BOTH had helmets and you would have cleared that bridge long before that cage came along.

Glad you are ok.

Dude that sucks man. Just remember from now on no helmet for EITHER of you even if it's to go to the corner store and buy a snickers bar then NO RIDE. It's always a risk on a bike no matter where you go. Sorry about your bike and hope you heal quickly

Glad you are getting better. Thanks for the reminders. Godspeed on healing up completely and good luck with the rebuild.

I'm glad you are OK and alive to tell the tale. Thanks for sharing and giving us yet another reminder of why it is essential to always wear the proper gear. It only takes once.

Slow speed falls can be the worst as you end up absorbing all of the energy very quickly . I broke my collarbone when I fell in the grass at maybe 15-20 mph in full leather . Nothing on the bike or my gear was broke . I've crashed at the track and when you slide for awhile at least you know you are dissapaiting energy
smile.gif

Broken collarbones SUCK !

what is the matter with people?
mad.gif
I can't believe they didn't stop. I glad that you and your friend are OK.

Holy crap! That really sucks! Glad you lived to tell the tale. I can't believe the car didn't stop and just left you out there in the middle of nowhere. What a complete a$$hole!

That really bites. Glad to hear you and your passenger are ok (alive).
As far as the callous cager that kept on going... keep and eye out and remember "Revenge is much sweeter when served cold".

Heal up quickly, brother! Some definite reminders in there for everyone to think about.

Glad you had a friend with you to run for assistance! Hope you both and the bike heal up fast! Can't believe the driver kept going. I caused an accident once(I was inattentive) and it didn't even cross my mind to leave. The cop was suprised when he got to the scene and found me helping the person that I kinda forced off the road. People need to man up and take responsibility for their mistakes! Feel better soon!

People who think you have to be going fast to get hurt should try this... Take off running as fast as you can. Not sure what the average human running speed is but I know it's not 25-30 mph. Anyway, as soon as you're running as fast as you can, just fall to the ground. I promise you, if you're more than 6 years old it will hurt.
biggrin.gif
Hell, I crashed my mountain bike one time and had just got it rolling from a dead stop. Hadn't even made a full revolution of the pedals. I was out of work for two days because I couldn't lift one arm high enough to put a uniform shirt on.
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1129305276 -->

it's got a lot to do with how fast you slow down too.... if you are running at 10 mph (pretty decent speed for running) and hit a brick wall it will hurt a lot more than if you fall down and slide for a little bit before comming to a full stop.
Glad you're here posting your experience!!!

That is scary that the cager didn't stop. Glad that you and the passenger did live through this one because that was a close one.

Glad to hear you are okay, get well soon and thanks for sharing this with everyone.

Back