What do use to clean your Busa?

WD40, a Water Disperant spray and solvent, will wash away the grease your O rings are (protecting) and using in order to keep your rollers lubed. Most chain brushes are too stiff for me to use to clean the rollers. They too can damage the O rings. I get great mileage out of my chains and have so for decades.

Agreed my friend, that is why I always relube the chain after cleaning it. I dont recall any issues with either of my busa's. Oh, and I almost forgot, I sprayed it on the rag and wiped the chain, didnt spray directly on the chain, makes too much of mess. :super:

Never water jet or hose . Sometimes compressed air , initially . Stock paint work , micro fiber cloth and just started using Meguiars gold polish , but learn't quickly not to use too much or get it in the tight gaps . A damp (water) cloth to get bugs off , then either buff with clean micro fiber , or slight gold application , and buff .

Agreed my friend, that is why I always relube the chain after cleaning it. I dont recall any issues with either of my busa's. Oh, and I almost forgot, I sprayed it on the rag and wiped the chain, didnt spray directly on the chain, makes too much of mess. :super:
I do the same

Pledge!
Best bug remover there is, shines good, and the bike smells like lemons.
Kerosene for the chain, with Dupont spray chain wax.
I tend to clean a bike annually, need it or not, lol...other than riding in the rain(rain for cleaning, not a reason to clean it, lol)

sixpack577 I have never tried the Pledge. Good tip for bug remover. No more little tree air freshener on my bike:D lol

I'm gonna take a buffer(real high speed) and a high end polish to this bike when the temps hit 70... PS.. never use wool unless u have the most skilled hands... foam works like a charm.. and its very very hard to burn anything(with polish)... wool WILL burn paint... and leave hallograms if ure not 1000 percent careful.

I use WD40 to clean the chain and a brush.

WD40, a Water Disperant spray and solvent, will wash away the grease your O rings are (protecting) and using in order to keep your rollers lubed. Most chain brushes are too stiff for me to use to clean the rollers.

I swear WD-40 deteriorates rubber. Maybe not immediately but if it's delicate rubber like the bur that flattens over from wear against the plates, that will break ans stick out of the plates. I've seen the little whiskers of rubber stuck on my back rim right after cleaning with WD-40. If it's doing that, I assume it's only a matter of time before the O-rings stop sealing. Any time the topic comes up, there's always half the people saying WD-40 is hard on o-rings and now I'm a believer.

Ages ago I used WD40 as a chain lube on a ride thru Oregon and had to tighten the chain too often. When I pulled the front sprocket cover off there were dozens of O rings trapped in the goo around the sprocket. The chain was worthless. Beat up my sprockets too. Since then I use it on a rag as its a very good solvent but I keep it away from the O rings. If I use it on the rims or wherever, I also spray on Plexus afterward to remove any leftover residue.

I swear WD-40 deteriorates rubber. Maybe not immediately but if it's delicate rubber like the bur that flattens over from wear against the plates, that will break ans stick out of the plates. I've seen the little whiskers of rubber stuck on my back rim right after cleaning with WD-40. If it's doing that, I assume it's only a matter of time before the O-rings stop sealing. Any time the topic comes up, there's always half the people saying WD-40 is hard on o-rings and now I'm a believer.
Thank you for the info Mythos. I am going to start to using Kerosene to clean the chain from now on.

anytime any cleaner is used on paint... even on rims... rims should be washed thoroughly and the paint should have fresh wax applied to protect paint and also to prevent oxidation... to prevent the need for paint correction with a buffer... which is invasive and dangerous

if anyone wants to do paint correction (where a clearcoat is used) this stuff is unbelievable.. but MUST be used with an extremely high speed buffer.. it will leave scratches if applied by hand

meguiars.jpg

I have removed pretty big scratches on the mustang with this stuff... its a lot of work and nerve wracking.. but nevertheless... my hood came out 1000 percent BRAND new... (the body shop didn't wanna try to remove the scratch.. so I HAD to do it... ) follow it up with a good polishing compound.

I cant be quiet any longer. The WD-40 bashing must stop! :fire:
I have over 30,000 miles on my stock chain and Sprockets, and they have never seen anything but WD-40! All this hooey about it degrading o-rings and orphaning small children is simply not fact based. I have personally soaked O-rings from an RK 630 O-ring chain in WD40 in a jar for several months to check for swelling, deformation or degradation and there was none. I hit my chain with it after practically every ride and clean it with the same, every thousand miles or so. Easy to clean up with the wipe of a paper towel.

I have had an EK chain and some sprockets in my basket on Amazon for over a year now, thinking that surely the stockers were ready to go south. I was thinking it was time recently, until I found out the cush drive was the cause of all the play.

I just changed my cush drive Rubbers a little while ago and here is what the stock sprocket looked like after a quick wipe with paper towels.
Capture.JPG

I cant be quiet any longer. The WD-40 bashing must stop! :fire:
I have over 30,000 miles on my stock chain and Sprockets, and they have never seen anything but WD-40! All this hooey about it degrading o-rings and orphaning small children is simply not fact based. I have personally soaked O-rings from an RK 630 O-ring chain in WD40 in a jar for several months to check for swelling, deformation or degradation and there was none. I hit my chain with it after practically every ride and clean it with the same, every thousand miles or so. Easy to clean up with the wipe of a paper towel.

I have had an EK chain and some sprockets in my basket on Amazon for over a year now, thinking that surely the stockers were ready to go south. I was thinking it was time recently, until I found out the cush drive was the cause of all the play.

I just changed my cush drive Rubbers a little while ago and here is what the stock sprocket looked like after a quick wipe with paper towels.
View attachment 1579776
Bigoltool thanks for that info. I also was reading about a guys that did a WD40 (20,000 + miles) testing with great results WD40 testing

Back