What do use to clean your Busa?

Jose J Ortega

Registered
Hey Guys,

Just want to know what product do you use to wash and clean your Busas. I see a lot of people using a Foam base wash directly to there's hose.

Since new in 06 I've used Plexus for the body work. I use Simple Green on the wheels and WD40 on a scrub towel for the drive chain side plates, not the chain. After a tour I use a hot wet towel draped over the front to loosen the bugs and debri and then after wiping them off, finish with Plexus. For the gauges and mirrors I use Windex all surface cleaner (w/o ammonia). This pic was taken about a year ago.
image.jpeg

Micro fiber towels for sure. I use about any auto soap. Don't use dish detergent if you wax the bike or the wax will come right off. If you use a garden hose use low pressure and don't spray electrical controls. I just use a bucket and clear water to rinse. Bug and tar remover works amazingly well on tough spots. Let it sit a while and wash it off. Don't use too much, it turns to a sludge that sticks to the bike and it can be hard to remove all of it...but no harm if some clings. It will dry up and come off the next wash. I only wash if the bike is dirty. In between, I use Bike Spirits with a microfiber towel. A good rubout with 3M Scratch and Swirl remover every year or two works great too. Not too often, it does take the clearcoat down a tiny bit every time. I've done mine 4 times or so with no problem.

Since new in 06 I've used Plexus for the body work. I use Simple Green on the wheels and WD40 on a scrub towel for the drive chain side plates, not the chain. After a tour I use a hot wet towel draped over the front to loosen the bugs and debri and then after wiping them off, finish with Plexus. For the gauges and mirrors I use Windex all surface cleaner (w/o ammonia). This pic was taken about a year ago.View attachment 1579706
Since new in 06 I've used Plexus for the body work. I use Simple Green on the wheels and WD40 on a scrub towel for the drive chain side plates, not the chain. After a tour I use a hot wet towel draped over the front to loosen the bugs and debri and then after wiping them off, finish with Plexus. For the gauges and mirrors I use Windex all surface cleaner (w/o ammonia). This pic was taken about a year ago.View attachment 1579706
Good Info... So the Plexus is a cleaner or a wax?

I use a clay bar after a simple wash then wax. The clay bar will remove any dirt or tar imbedded in the plastic plus make the water sleet off effortlessly. I only clay bar and wax maybe twice a year. Once you try it you will be hooked. Also clay bar your windows and headlights on your car and wax windows after as well to keep them from oxidation!!

after u wash the bike... use a leaf blower to dry it... do not rub dry with a chamois or the microfiber... get the water off with air.... if u HAVE TO use the microfiber.. use sparingly... or get REALLY GOOD with a REAL buffer if restoring paint...

I bought this stuff at a corner gas station one day ten years ago from a guy with a little gazebo set up in the corner of the lot to demo it on your car. I loved it so much I have never been without it since, using it on everything including the windshield....
s-l1600.jpg

I bought this stuff at a corner gas station one day ten years ago from a guy with a little gazebo set up in the corner of the lot to demo it on your car. I loved it so much I have never been without it since, using it on everything including the windshield....View attachment 1579710

I saw that same guy!:D. But after a neighbor had given me a can after seeing me detail my bikes in the driveway one day. I really liked it. Plexus was easier to apply and wipe clear and since I'd used it for years I stayed with it. I have never 'washed' any of my bikes with soap and water and a hose. Never a need for a leaf blower. If I'm cleaning the motor with fairings off I wipe/spray/wipe and clean.

After my last issue tryin to clean the dirty engine with Citrus degrease and remove it with water my bike started to have issues, now I use the leaf blower if any water gets into the engine. But I really needed to clean that engine lol. I use for my paint Lucas Oil Slick Mist Speed Wax adds a long-lasting, high-gloss sheen to your motorcycle exterior and is safe for use on most paint, glass, chrome, and vinyl surfaces. I apply it with a Microfiber towels

I use WD40 to clean the chain and a brush. Wipe off all the dirt run the bike for 3 min (warm the chain) and add Bel Ray chain lube

WD40, a Water Disperant spray and solvent, will wash away the grease your O rings are (protecting) and using in order to keep your rollers lubed. Most chain brushes are too stiff for me to use to clean the rollers. They too can damage the O rings. I get great mileage out of my chains and have so for decades.

Back