What do use to clean your Busa?

I'm screwed. LG phone running Android.

Rubb.

If you're actually asking....

I use waterless car cleaner and then use Meguire's quick wax. I haven't used water on my bike since I've had it.

I spray the waterless cleaner on the bugs to let it soak and soften them up.

Works great.

#StopDoingThis ~ #YouKnowWhatToDo ~ #Waterless ~ #THEoRg *

My bike is spotless with no swirl marks so what this one guy is saying makes little difference to me personally.

It helps that the bike has never seen rain and is cleaned after each and every ride.

Would I use this on my truck? Probably not as the surface area is quite a bit bigger.

I am with this guy .

Lemon pledge on everything
and a wrap with wd40
for the wheels .

If she is super filthy ,
then I pull out
the hose .

:poke:

Hi. It does work wonders. I have been using it for 50 years. When won the bike class a the WSCA in the New York Coliseum It was on of there 5 star shows. the trophy was 6 ft high.

Never washed my bike!
I rather make my own remedy of Cheap "35% cold degreasing agent for cars" + "35% car shampoo with wax which is used in high-pressure wash appliance"+ 30% water. Just spray on the bike and dry it with a microfiber towel, No nasty film remains! The Chain with paraffin oil and some transmission oil after! I have No rust issue whatsoever. However, I do keep the bike inside mostly.

My bike is spotless with no swirl marks so what this one guy is saying makes little difference to me personally.

It helps that the bike has never seen rain and is cleaned after each and every ride.

Would I use this on my truck? Probably not as the surface area is quite a bit bigger.

I agree with everything the guy said in the video except spraying the quick detailer on a towel instead of the car makes very little sense to me. At some point, the towel may get enough detailer in it that it's not necessary to spray more on the vehicle but why go that direction right from the start?

I use Bike Spirits to clean the bike between washes. When I use Bike Spirits, I normally have to do some washing with water to rid the bike of actual dirt. There's no sense in rubbing gritty stuff located in a few areas of the bike all over. I might not even bother with using a spray detailer on the areas more prone to accumulating dirt. I'll just wait until I wash with soap and water to catch those areas.

My strategy for washing is to remove the greasy, gritty dirt first, then wash the least dirty parts and lastly, the parts that were greasy and gritty get a final wash with soap and water.

My bikes don't get ever get a lot of dirt on them. The parts that actually get somewhat filthy are the underparts, the belly pan, the LH underside of the tail from chain fling, the wheels and to some degree the very bottom of the lower fairings especially the chin which seems to get a deposit of tar or rubber off my front tire. I first remove the grit and grime from these areas with paper towel and WD-40 before actually washing the bike with soap and water and a microfiber towel. If the underparts get some swirls that's unavoidable and it's better confined to the underparts.

The top parts usually are pretty clean so I start there with a car wash/water solution. I try to avoid drenching water into the electronics and under the seams in the fairings but I slosh the soapy water on so the dust is rinsed off rather than needing to be rubbed off. A spray of bug and tar remover works very well to soften up those bugs that get smashed on the upper fairing and fender so that I don't need to rub on them to remove them. A second spray of bug and tar remover and wash is often necessary to get every last bit of bugs off. The lower parts of the fairings are the last to get washed. I then wash the wheels in the same manner but I squirt a wheel cleaner directly on them first being careful to avoid getting the soap into the brake pads. I usually wash the swingarm brake calipers and fork bottoms at the same time as the wheels. Then a rinse with fresh water, same order as the wash, start at the top, bottom last.

I only give a bike a real soap and water bath about 3 times each year and I usually follow that up with a polish using ICE paste polish. In between washes, I clean the bikes with spray detailer but as mentioned, that usually requires some rinsing with water first but not a total bath. Plexus does have an extra shine and slipperyness to it but I've heard it leaves behind an actual film that might not be desirable if you want to repaint the surface.

What I find remarkable is that the clear plastic on my windscreens and helmet face shields never have gotten the slightest swirl. They look absolutely brand new after 10 years. Plexiglass for windows in a home scratches very easily but not windscreens.

Last edited:
Back