WHAT DO YOU USE TO PROTECT YOUR PAINT?

Giovanny

Registered
I was wondering what you guys use to maintain your paintjob on your busa? on my other bike I just gave it a soap wash and over the years the paint started peeling off
so I really don't want that happening with my busa and was wondering what you guys are using to keep your busa protected? My brother advised that I use NUFINISH. what do you guys use or think on this?

#KeepYourRide ~ #OutOfTheWeather ~ #ToProtectYourPaint ~ #THEoRg *

The only time mine has gotten wet was when it rained while on tour. I’ve always used Plexus on the body work. I had the tank on my 79 CBX clear coated with a few coats to maintain it. I do the same with my new bike too.

The only thing I have heard that made paint peel was a bad factory paint job on the fuel tank. The paint in the fuel tank ring starts coming off from contact with gasoline vapors. That would be covered by warranty if the paint starts peeling soon enough.

I have washed my bikes with water and auto soap about every couple weeks if there are a lot of bugs out. I might hit it with Bike Spirits in between baths. I have used a fine abrasive polishing compound like 3M scratch and swirl remover a few times on both bikes. Works great and pretty hard to top through the clear coat with that light stuff unless you really try. I wax once in a while but it barely needs that. The finish on my bikes is smoother than when I bought them brand new. I will clear coat them some day but the factory finish has held up for ten years now.

I use NuFinish wax and a quick wax after I ride once I've cleaned off the bugs.

I only use microfiber rags on it as well.

I’ve always used terry cloth mini towels, about 16” square. I also use wet hot towels over the front body work to soften the oft times hard shell bugs that I smash into. After a minute or so they just wipe right off, then it’s Plexus. One problem I’ve seen over the years is damage to the front fender and the leading edges of the nose and and side fairings. I tried clear plastic protective strips but they looked bad and didn’t adhere well.

I’ve always used terry cloth mini towels, about 16” square. I also use wet hot towels over the front body work to soften the oft times hard shell bugs that I smash into. After a minute or so they just wipe right off, then it’s Plexus. One problem I’ve seen over the years is damage to the front fender and the leading edges of the nose and and side fairings. I tried clear plastic protective strips but they looked bad and didn’t adhere well.
I use a bug and tar remover, it works great.

Back