What did you do to your other vehicle

New Conti's for the 325!

IMG_8629-M.jpg

At least there are not many sensors/wires to worry about on those. Lol! Even the swap on my 2001 trooper only took a few hours. I did borrow a friends shop so I could use his lift, which helps.
That's great...I had to change out on angled front yard,I did have hoist,but it would be nice to have shop
Now I'm getting ready to rebuild my Mazda RX-8 motor ....oh boy here we go....lol

well, the wife owns a bmtroubleyou, 2004 model so no we are not loaded, but after a complete head rebuild i did 4 or 5 months ago, she complained about it starting to run off again.....so what did i do on my other vehicle, i found the issue and almost smashed the entire car in my mind. Damn models have 4 plastic sparkplug guides and 2 of them you can only reach by stripping the entire vavletronic/cams unit....offcourse it was those 2 with new o rings and even gasket sealer that were full off oil....so ask me next week what i did on my other vehicle, spending an entire day stripping the head, taking of timing chain just to replace 2 sparkplug guides.
darn quality of products these days.

Ordered it from a local small dealer, took 9 months to get at MSRP, one of one with the options and color I picked, no sunroof was the big holdup as they ran out of headliners for a while. Been a good truck, no issues, totally stock as its my DD up here
My friend had his garage expanded and his project manager has a TRX and it's filthy inside and out, scratched and dented and he as missed several maintenance intervals as my friend said there are a lot of lights on in the dash.......the manager said it's just a work truck.

Too bad....sure was a nice truck....

man, sinds maintance is coming up, i thought it was good idea to swap all brakepads (had them all on the shelf)
Front end was easy, but rear....i own a 400nm electric impact gun, nothing, heated up the wheelbolts, broke a breakerbar and a torqwrench..
Got the right side loose after a lot of torching and candle for the wax that works with a capulating effect, but the left...i thought i was finaly beaten by some bolts. BMW has a kit in the car for releasing the bolts, a s shape 17mm socket you could kick or stand on....so i put a cranck under this tool, it even lifted the wheel up and i started using the blow torch again. with heating up the bolt under tension they finaly broke loose. so that was a fun day and a killer for my back....i'm getting to old for this stuff, but atleast i can still say that no bolt ever kicked my azz....i'm even thinking up a line for that to go on my tombstone....life got the best of him, but nuts and bolts all had to kneel for his persistence.....remember that one, and if you ever pass a grave with that line.....that was me.

On my car I swapped wheels to the winter set of OZ wheels + Blizzaks. I had bought the Maxi TS601 computer this year. I just used it for the second time. I can quickly and easily trigger the sensors, read them, and apply the change via OBDII. Over my life I will depreciate it over the number of uses. No more paying people for this and listening to some of the excuses on how "difficult" the process is.

I always carry a compressor in the car and with an occasional leak it has saved me a lot of grief. But my Chicom 12V compressor bit the dust before I was finished topping off the winter tires. It is unbelievable, the relatively small duty cycle this thing has done in its life. I guess it will go in a landfill and replace it with another. Discouraging...

Due to the timing with other maintenance issues I had the oil on this car changed by others, but yesterday I did it myself for the first time. I replaced the drain plug with a Fumoto valve. Can you say "YAY!"? I just bought an Aries funnel as well. This thing is a beast. I poured a gallon right down the gullet with nary a pause. Also, I have no wrench for the busa oil filter size. @Kiwi Rider recommended the Motivx wrench, so I got it for the bike, but just used it on the car for the first time, and it is in fact awesome.

Tire Rack.JPG

1700399426643.png

1700399222098.png

1700398723308.png

I didn’t hear what happened to him.. how it is in today’s society… probably nothing. I’m just glad he had insurance and I found him after leaving.. took me and my wife 4 days scouring the area where we live.

3 days of down time. Can't let that go to waste. Installing new progressive springs and shocks on a work van. Should get it done. Fully booked starting the 2nd.

Shop wanted it for 7 days.

Seriously?

This better not take more than a day.
Got the front done. Only real glitch was there is a simple little latching piece that holds the coil springs into their position. It's on the top of the spring. A little 10mm bolt. Little chyts both rusted bad enough they snapped off. Took longer to drill those out than to change the entire spring and shocks. Bigger hole, bigger bolt now.

Tomorrow the rear.

Back