What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

I have HID headlights and as I have never ridden this bike at night, I am considering removing the HID system and going back to stock and just get a good bulb like a Silverstar Ultra or something like that.
I ran the silver stars in mine and would go back in a heart beat except that they kept blowing on me. Chalked it up to the extra vibration versus then being in a car. Wouldn't of been so bad since they were going out in the warranty period but I never managed to keep a receipt :banghead:

I ran the silver stars in mine and would go back in a heart beat except that they kept blowing on me. Chalked it up to the extra vibration versus then being in a car. Wouldn't of been so bad since they were going out in the warranty period but I never managed to keep a receipt :banghead:
I got two checks from Sylvania when they had a lawsuit with their bulbs. I had an impala that would go through the ultra star (or whatever the name is) every couple of months.

Currently using VLEDS Micro Extreme LED bulbs for headlight and high beam. About $90 a bulb but it’s compact and plug and play using oem connectors. Expensive but it’s been worth it.

I just stuck the HID back in place as it has always worked fine....

cf wheels.jpg

bike3.jpg
bike1.jpg

I really need some good sun to get a better picture.

The bars , are Gilles Vario Bars , clipons , that are crazy adjustable . First though , they are designed for Busa , but recommended to be fitted under the stock triple clamp . The bars then are raised 40mm higher than stock . I bought them about a year or 2 ago , I didnt use them , because I fitted the Gen 2 Renthal clipons instead . I did not think they could possibly be used with my Agras to triple .
But , recently I got truly pissed with how uncomfortable I had set my Busa up , it was sharp , aggressive sport setup, ideal for someone too big to fit on 1000 , but way too uncomfortable for me anymore , because my old injuries are catching up with now .
So , I was going to get a top triple with fat bar setup , even ordered it and all , then it was taking so long , and I decided to try out if these Varios could be made to work with the Agras .Well they did , they bolt and bite onto forks from the front of tube , the angle of bar can be chosen there , then the 2 nd bolton piece decides the position of the actual bar , I have this pulled right back , to assume the same position as a top triple with fatbar superbike bar . Kind of close anyway . Straightaway I was happy , it was a crazy feeling having the bars that far back behind the fork tubes , but the leveragestarts from the front of tubes , so a lot of feel . That is when I then needed to get the footpeg rearset changed to be more comfortable too , to match the bar change . Got lucky with all that , the Valter Moto plate was matched up to my old Agras rearsets , then I got the levers set to match my toe down foot position , and brought it as low and forward as possible , then reversed the shift patern .
I bought the Gilles Vario Bars from Calsport UK , great people to buy from , but there is currently a bit of a wait for Gilles products .

Thought this little item , a billet aluminium kickstand mount , might be of interest , to those after a nice little chunk of weight saving . This was fitted up recently , I did tone it down a bit with a bit of paint touch up , but it is available in different finishes and uncut .
2 places you can get one ;
IMG_20210115_103743.jpg
IMG_20210117_111438.jpg

Should get the CF kickstand and airbox. I’ve been eyeing off the K-Factory front sprocket cover.
Shoulda , woulda , lol , yes , I like those bits a lot bro , as you well know !! The airbox might be on the list , depends if I choose something with an aluminum air chamber or not ... or first might be the aluminum Yoshi or Beater tank . Anyway , did you see the Ducati M12 allen head bolts , titanium and drilled , also the pivot is titanium , the stand is pretty light , good enough ....for now .

Fixed my spongy brakes today, and installed a cheap TRE on my 2000.

TRE was easy but haven't taken it out yet. It's the stupid one that's just a 6800 ohm resistor. I know it'll make my idle go up a bit. I'll just lower it.

As far as the brakes are concerned, back a few weeks ago I did a FULL rebuild on them. Take apart calipers, remove pistons, remove seals, disassemble master cylinder, etc... and cleaned everything! Buttoned it all back up, got out the Mityvac and with some new Dot4 bled and finished the job. The next ride I noticed they seemed spongier than before. I still had good stopping power but the lever damn near hit the grip at full squeeze. I tried everything... except for braking open the banjo bolt under pressure. THAT seems to have gotten the last of the air out.

As we're in lockdown again, thought I'd set about a small project for the ol girl. A while ago, I installed a Rostra cruise with a custom built interface and a nice slim set of switches which I had mounted under the left switch block. Well..... turns out that Suzuki Aust had a full L&R set of Gen3 switch blocks in stock so grabbed them and set about making them work on my Gen2. Including getting the Rosta cruise working with the factory cruise buttons. Points of interest: The "hazard" button is relocated to the RHS on the Gen3. And the Gen3 has no up & down mode select button. Also the headlight high beam switch is integrated with the "flash to pass" switch too.

A small, crappy, quickly put together home made video of where I'm at. (pardon the accent - I was born with it... :cool: )

Back