What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

Holy hell umm yeah you and i are completly different levels there ima be the fat ass eating a cheeseburger in the corner still jaw dropped thats crazy thats gonna be an epic day its finally done tho. Keep it up
Hi. Thanks it will be. It is a LSR / drag/street bike. See my thread [ my very slow build ] I am at 164lbs now it is hard to lose weight easy to put it on. I will be 71 yrs old soon.

Hi. Thanks it will be. It is a LSR / drag/street bike. See my thread [ my very slow build ] I am at 164lbs now it is hard to lose weight easy to put it on. I will be 71 yrs old soon.
Holy cow damn dude i hope to god when im your age im still out having fun like you lol i just do whatever catches my eye at the time i see it i lile it i get it lol im not going any direction but enjoyment :) ill habe to go check it out iv been getting lost in the threads from lile ten years ago lol just reading up on all i can trying to learn all i can iv riddin a few bikes prior to this one but actually buying my own bile and all this busa is my first lol before it i maybe had a few hours type of deal worth of seat time so pretty new world for me yet

Holy cow damn dude i hope to god when im your age im still out having fun like you lol i just do whatever catches my eye at the time i see it i lile it i get it lol im not going any direction but enjoyment :) ill habe to go check it out iv been getting lost in the threads from lile ten years ago lol just reading up on all i can trying to learn all i can iv riddin a few bikes prior to this one but actually buying my own bile and all this busa is my first lol before it i maybe had a few hours type of deal worth of seat time so pretty new world for me yet

You might want to try some...punctuation! Lengthy run on sentences without any, make reading your posts a PITA. Try spell check or proof read what you’ve typed before posting. You (and us) may be losing the value of what you’re trying to say. :)

Bahaha
You might want to try some...punctuation! Lengthy run on sentences without any, make reading your posts a PITA. Try spell check or proof read what you’ve typed before posting. You (and us) may be losing the value of what you’re trying to say. :)
Hahaha tyr using this pile o poop phone no matter what i do posts are straight trand and punctuation is for rich fancy peopel lmfao

Mounted new tire today,Michelin RS,been riding on Pilot Powers forever,we'll see how much better the
20200903_131942.jpg
20200903_132804.jpg
20200903_141606.jpg
20200904_194750.jpg
RS is.:beerchug:

Haven't posted on here in a while due to waiting around for parts.
Well today after a long 7 months wait due to coronavirus delays I finally got my DME subframe!
I got straight to fitting it but I wasn't long running into issues.
Had a lot of messing about trying to get mounting points for the plastics to line up. Had to cut one of the mounting loops for the riders seat as it was fouling on the ecu, then the seat wouldn't fit unless I took the two rubber dampers off from underneath it. The seat cowl and plastics around the exhaust hanger dont sit quite as flush as it used to.

Anyway after a lot of cursing and faffing about I managed to get everything on and presentable. Bit of a bitter/sweet feeling about it all. Amazed how much lighter it is over the stock subframe but very disappointed how it went together when you consider the cost of these.

Just wondering if anyone else running this subframe ran into similar issues?
IMG_20200907_102131.jpg

Haven't posted on here in a while due to waiting around for parts.
Well today after a long 7 months wait due to coronavirus delays I finally got my DME subframe!
I got straight to fitting it but I wasn't long running into issues.
Had a lot of messing about trying to get mounting points for the plastics to line up. Had to cut one of the mounting loops for the riders seat as it was fouling on the ecu, then the seat wouldn't fit unless I took the two rubber dampers off from underneath it. The seat cowl and plastics around the exhaust hanger dont sit quite as flush as it used to.

Anyway after a lot of cursing and faffing about I managed to get everything on and presentable. Bit of a bitter/sweet feeling about it all. Amazed how much lighter it is over the stock subframe but very disappointed how it went together when you consider the cost of these.

Just wondering if anyone else running this subframe ran into similar issues?
View attachment 1626203
Hi. No I did not have any problems. I have a Gen 1 with the Gen 2 sub frame and Gen 2 tail in carbon fiber. I saved over 9 lbs.

@TheEmeraldBiker it is awesome to see someone installing this part, thanks for your post.

How similar are the gen1/2 subframes? Is it possible this is the wrong part? Or perhaps something went wrong with the build. Given the cost and effort, try checking in with DME, have a pic or two of the problems ready to e-mail in case they ask, and see how they respond.

Busa...... nothing. But the kids started online school today, huge fiasco then my wife has a flat at work. I go there to get the spare put on and it’s flat. So I’m waiting at discount tire for two hours to get her flat repaired and go back to put on. What a day. Y’all go enjoy those bikes!!!
What a day !
Don't neglect to have the flat spare repaired also . . just sayin' . . .

@TheEmeraldBiker it is awesome to see someone installing this part, thanks for your post.

How similar are the gen1/2 subframes? Is it possible this is the wrong part? Or perhaps something went wrong with the build. Given the cost and effort, try checking in with DME, have a pic or two of the problems ready to e-mail in case they ask, and see how they respond.
It's definitely the right subframe for the gen 2. I have a feeling something went wrong during production. I've emailed dme with the details so it will be interesting to hear what they say!

With some help from another thread I managed to get the Schnitz racing quick turn throttle tube on and swapped out old grips for the Kuryakyn Iso grips. Love the way the feel so far. Nice rubber padding and thicker grip to hold onto. I havent ridden WOT yet but just twisting it in the garage it is considerably shorter with the new throttle tube.

20200923_132508.jpg

With some help from another thread I managed to get the Schnitz racing quick turn throttle tube on and swapped out old grips for the Kuryakyn Iso grips. Love the way the feel so far. Nice rubber padding and thicker grip to hold onto. I havent ridden WOT yet but just twisting it in the garage it is considerably shorter with the new throttle tube.

View attachment 1626975
I've installed so many sets of those grips on harleys. Just a heads up. Put a slight dab of blue Loctite on each end screw.

I've installed so many sets of those grips on harleys. Just a heads up. Put a slight dab of blue Loctite on each end screw.
Thanks for the heads up. The sportbike ones i ordered are a little different. Only thing holding them is the glue that came with the grips. Do you mean the 4 little screws holding the end cap on? Package says you can't use the factory bar end weights but I don't see why not if I need them. Pop the end cap off the Kuryakyn and screw the bar end weight in to that.

Hi guys. Greetings from Brazil.

I bought my busa in November, 2019. As soon as I bought it, I went searching for web forums. I'm used to doing a lot of maintenance myself (light stuff), and I think it's very important to have knowledge. I'm so glad I found this forum.

This is my first post ever in the forum.

I read this whole thread, 294 pages. Took me almost a year (not much free time nowadays). It was awesome.

It's impressive how supportive you guys are, always trying to help each other.

I noticed you guys usually do the maintenance DIY, probably due to high labor costs. Here in Brazil it's the opposite, usually the labor is cheap-ish, but our biggest problem is how expensive the parts are. It's ridiculously expensive.

The mods I did to my busa (2006) are the small airbox mod, and the pair mod (sucking crankcase), both of which I discovered here.

Anyways guys, I'd like to thank you all for keeping this forum alive and for all the help and knowledge you guys share.

I attached a picture, this is me, my bike and my son. He still doesn't ride with me, too young, only five years old.
20200731_184936.jpg

06 was a good year! Mine has almost 70,000 miles on it so far, thru eleven western states. Yours looks pretty stock. Can’t tell by the pic but do you have a clip style master link? I’d change that if true. We’ve heard about shipping costs for those not in the US and it (is) ridiculous. Welcome!

Back