What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

B0FDF5D3-B9BB-47B9-BBC4-7AF57BDD7CBD.jpeg

Short jog to Walmart to get weed eater string. Grass is really starting to grow again in FL.

Finally got my GSXR 1000 Front fender painted and installed. Also got my slipper welded and clutch all back together. Bike is clean, new oil, clean air filter, and 100% ready for 2019 riding season!!View attachment 1597176

View attachment 1597175
Hey, just re the welded slipper, I've heard that some that have welded it reckon they get more vibration after welding, because of being out of balance.
Have you heard of this?
Grinding the welds down flush to the surface would be one way to eliminate this problem, I'm thinking.
Please let me know how it works out because I want to do this mod but have been put off by the stories I've heard. Thanks.

Hey, just re the welded slipper, I've heard that some that have welded it reckon they get more vibration after welding, because of being out of balance.
Have you heard of this?
Grinding the welds down flush to the surface would be one way to eliminate this problem, I'm thinking.
Please let me know how it works out because I want to do this mod but have been put off by the stories I've heard. Thanks.

My welder uses a jig and / or shims to get it centered and as perfect as possible. If you look at the center piece, it looks pretty centered etc. I know some guys aren't as picky and just weld them together with no regard for symmetry etc, but the good ones who have done a few should be good.

Finally getting warm enough to work in the garage again. So I am trying to find a home for the Hella Sharptone Horns I bought. I was initially going to do the Red Supertones but they are even bigger and a little higher pitched. So I spent a bunch of time mocking up possible locations for them and the relay wiring harness yesterday. This pic was one iteration, though they would be facing outwards in this location rather than as I have them shown here. I didnt like this arrangement so I am still mocking up. Leaning towards having them both mounted on the right side with one horizontally above the intake tube. Work in progress, but man these puppies are LOUD!

Also have an MRA Vario Shield ready to fit up as soon as I get it all back together.

View attachment 1596904
Just a quick follow up as I am having a hard time getting enough free time to finish this project. Final location I chose for the Hella Horns on the right side. Need to relocate the horn relay from its current location. Bent up like a half a dozen different brackets before settling on this location. Everything clears so I think it will be good to go.
Capture.JPG

Back