What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

Oh side note; finished my powder coating today well almost finished I still have a few more parts to do...

CC866FA3-5532-4005-AE6D-EC2074A33353.jpeg

442AA358-FC66-470E-8160-8CDD416D3BB7.jpeg

07603A42-E353-40D9-A976-2FCC38656ED9.jpeg

F6C8D542-49B4-4EA9-AC15-FFBF3CEFAC14.jpeg

CB4C17DF-9B99-4A8A-A27A-307967F9B9C8.jpeg

E49EB7D6-FFD6-4BA6-8EBA-A6970BD71DC0.jpeg

F67CB3B0-FFD0-4747-9A58-A7D9F77D5F1A.jpeg

Thought I'd take the L2 out , just on my favorite regular ride . I think I got pinched by the Pigs today tho .. the bastards were setup with their camouflage netted camera hidden among the trees while one of 'em sat in an old rather derelict toyota hilux ute .... I can't remember what speed I was doing , but guess I will find out soon enough .
I stopped in the township and parked up with some of the bikes out today , then I returned down the way I had come , to confirm exactly where the pigs and camera were hiding ....
IMG_20181021_111355.jpg

IMG_20181021_122556.jpg

Good to get out regardless of ever present potential risk !!
I got to give the Cordona Quick Shifter a really good workout today , and I have to say I fully recommend it . I got the more expensive stand alone unit , and the ease of this setup was definitely a major plus to me . Once you got your shift rod setup , then the whole kit is truly plug and play .

Pigs eh? I call traffic cops revenuers. Cops have to really earn the title before I’ll call them pigs. The sole purpose of traffic cops is to collect money for their relative jurisdictions be it city county or state, or even federal if riding on federal roads like inside a National Park. Public safety has nothing to do with it. Some states allow Vascar or the two car system. One very common unmarked car runs radar and then radios to his partner down the road who waves you over or goes after you. Some use helicopters! Imagine the expense of the helo itself, and a pilot and the spotter...all at the tax payers expense. :confused::mad: Azzholes!

Cops have always been called pigs over here , just government revenue raisers are particularly so ( including speed camera operators ) . This 'job ' can be contracted out , but this one was a local pig . Be more acceptable if the operators setup in known dangerous traffic areas , not a quiet country road with mostly low traffic .

I hate them with a passion. In Victoria they're just revenue raising a*holes. It's one of the reasons I believe we have so many rear end crashes now... People too busy looking at their speedo all the time and not the road.

I'm only just back from a govt enforced rest after missing the change from 60 - 40 kmh.

Over here in NZ any speed exceeding 40kmh over the speed limit (maximum 100kmh limit open road speed) and the confiscate the vehicle, (tow truck) vehicle is impounded for 28 days,impound fees are $490, PLUS your license is suspended on the spot until you go before a Judge and he decides the length of the disqualification period according to your record and the circumstances. Huge fines and loss of license for up to 2 years, depending on how naughty you've been.
Today my mate and I went to Greymouth Street Races for the day, 220kms each way through awesome mountain terrain and the roads are very very fast and lots and lotsa fun!!
My Bel radar detector saved my ass twice and also an oncoming van flashed his lights to warn me of a cop parked up just over the rise facing me with his radar going.
I had about 2 seconds to wash off 90kmh down to the limit of 100kmh.
Went past the cop at 100kmh and he glared at me, reckon he would've heard me decel rapidly and down a few gears for engine braking etc.
Will post up a youtube link later to some of the ride through the best scenic parts of the ride.

Here in Ontario Canada, if you are caught 50kms over the posted limit, they take your license at the roadside, tow your vehicle and then it's off to court for you where you can lose your license for a year and up to $10,000 fines.

It doesn't matter what you are driving and who you are.

A friend of mine who is a cop said if he sees a Corvette or something like that going fast he'll look the other way...if he sees a crap box going that speed, he'll go after them as he knows how performance vehicles can handle speed.

The stupid thing here is, let's say you're doing 50ks over the limit. Either in a rural or urban area. It makes the state news and the papers. You're name is plastered all over as a serious and reckless criminal. It's a formal mark against your name and you carry it as a permanent record affecting your employment chances.

Oh, and forget detectors, they're illegal and the pigs have detectors mounted in their cars. Caught with a detector, severe fine and likely loss of license.

Yup, I hate them and the system with a passion.

The stupid thing here is, let's say you're doing 50ks over the limit. Either in a rural or urban area. It makes the state news and the papers. You're name is plastered all over as a serious and reckless criminal. It's a formal mark against your name and you carry it as a permanent record affecting your employment chances.

Oh, and forget detectors, they're illegal and the pigs have detectors mounted in their cars. Caught with a detector, severe fine and likely loss of license.

Yup, I hate them and the system with a passion.
That being said, I would not want to live in a society without policing, it would not be safe to leave your home.

I do think there needs to be a little common sense out there which is sorely lacking.

My cop friend said the people they are hiring now have a lot to be desired, he is glad he is near retirement as he can't stand half the people he works with now.

I know some areas in the 'States have a no chase policy for motorcycles and I think this should be standardized across the 'States and Canada. Not so I can speed but to save the lives of other people.

When faced with the consequences of the convictions, many people would try to run rather than face them.

That being said, I would not want to live in a society without policing, it would not be safe to leave your home.

I do think there needs to be a little common sense out there which is sorely lacking.

My cop friend said the people they are hiring now have a lot to be desired, he is glad he is near retirement as he can't stand half the people he works with now.

I know some areas in the 'States have a no chase policy for motorcycles and I think this should be standardized across the 'States and Canada. Not so I can speed but to save the lives of other people.

When faced with the consequences of the convictions, many people would try to run rather than face them.

My city has a no chase policy for any traffic.

I stared at my bike last night while on shift. Now it's time to shower and head north to the mountain roads for what could be my last mountain trip of the year.

Back