What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

I have done the same. Will see if I’m tough enough to make the trip to work in the morning. I live in Iowa and to work is between 40 and 52 miles. Riding in above freezing was easy when i only rode 20 miles.
When it gets cold, the bike goes into hibernation...that will be a chilly ride for you methinks.

Hang in there bro , just sit back and have a think about any extra parts she / you may want , and polish her often !!

Thankfully the Bumblebee is all set up and GTG....

I visit it and my other bike everyday in the garage, I pull off the covers and look at them, my wife thinks I'm going nuts but the joke is on her-I am already nuts.....

Fortunately you are just coming into spring down under?

Got a nice delivery today , Old Pops Yoshimura was having a sale recently , too good a deal to let
IMG_20181024_141414.jpg

IMG_20181024_141037.jpg

slide , I be putting them in the bank for the moment ....

My son just messaged me and told me I can get a Hayabusa on Grand Theft Auto 5...I'll have to play it and see.

That or maybe I'll put my gear on and watch Ac41's video...

Do you plug your air box intake and silencers? That would seal the whole system right?

Do you plug your air box intake and silencers? That would seal the whole system right?
No, I don't plug the intake or silencers, the bike is stored in a heated garage and I have no mice or anything. If I was to store it longer, I'd put a few drops of 2 stroke oil down each cylinder and turn it over a few times.

It would seal the system and I have done this in the past to other bikes.

I'm hanging on in hope of a few warm days in November. But I'm silly like that. Plus it's a 40 kilometers to where I store it :(
If we get any warm days in Nov, I can get out on the bike in minutes...if the county uses any salt on the roads, that will the that, the bike will stay in storage.

January and February are the worst months here but we still get some 45-60 days once in a while.

I do put fuel stabilizer in but the most my bikes normally go without being ridden is 3 weeks maybe a month. I at least try to go 25-30 miles on a ride. I may put them in my basement during January/February.

Any specific recommendation for going with iridium plugs? I was considering this for years but opted against it because I didn't want to lose the lopey idle. Everyone I spoke to said "iridium plugs will smooth it right out", Thinking now I can grow up and pull the trigger on this.

Went down South 220 miles to Dunedin
with 4 good mates to see an old friend that has cancer, he's hangin' on and has very strong faith and we went to support him.
He's improving and his energy levels are increasing, we are all so happy to see him and his attitude is great!
Here's a few pics from the trip . . . .

This is left to right, Don, Jack and Greg (Greg's an ex BUSA guy) at Oamaru, 150 miles South, a nice wee seaside town and we were just about to go to have lunch at a great restaurant nearby . . .
IMG_2344.JPG

This is the 'Book-a-Batch' we stayed in at Dunedin right next door to where our friend is staying at his brother's place. Fantastic views over Dunedin Harbour. $200 per nigh and all 5 of us stayed so it was only $40 each! Sweet deal.
IMG_2345.JPG

IMG_2346.JPG

This is at my buddy Greg's place in Christchurch, lovely big house on the hill with a view! He's recently bought another house higher on the hill and doing $.5million of renovations, we went up there yesterday, what a view it has! and a below ground pool, lookin forward to summer BBQs at his place lol.
IMG_2350.JPG

And of course, the obligatory Busa photo, in Greg's driveway, he also had a 2001 blue and silver Busa which he had for 12 years and sold it about 3 years back, he got remarried to a lovely Japanese lady and is so happy he reckons the Busa was 'surplus to requirements' lol!!
IMG_2349.JPG

So that was my weekend last week, went riding yesterday and about to go out riding today with my usual accomplice in crime, my wingman on the Limited Edition Black GSXR1100J model.
YeeeeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaa!

Last edited:
Any specific recommendation for going with iridium plugs? I was considering this for years but opted against it because I didn't want to lose the lopey idle. Everyone I spoke to said "iridium plugs will smooth it right out", Thinking now I can grow up and pull the trigger on this.
The Gen 2 comes from the factory with Iridium plugs, not sure about the Gen 1

Back