What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

Getting there.... ordered my new rear sprocket yesterday and mounting the tire on the 14R wheel tomorrow

JJBUSAZX14WHEEL2_zps2bd34dae.jpg

JJBUSAZX14WHEEL1_zps08d34087.jpg

Zx14 wheels are cool looking i really liked them on my 14. I Looked at pics of my new bike today thats what i did to it lol going to go get it this weekend.

got my triple tree and lowered it 1.25, finally did my kickstand mod after a tip over:banghead: and notched my seat cowl for the grab bar, baby steps waiting on my smoke signals now and my side fairing to get back from paint:laugh:

IMAG0400.jpg

IMAG0403.jpg

The 14 wheels look GREAT! When you get a chance post up what it takes to swap them in please. I would love to do this someday.

I'm honestly more excited about the wheels than the new exhaust and engine upgrades. A good friend of mine is the one doing all the wheel work and machining parts for me but I will ask him if I can share his notes. As far as I know, mine will be only the 2nd Busa with them.

got my triple tree and lowered it 1.25, finally did my kickstand mod after a tip over:banghead: and notched my seat cowl for the grab bar, baby steps waiting on my smoke signals now and my side fairing to get back from paint:laugh:

I hope you don't mean you lowered the forks on the new triple clamp 1.25in. If so, you're screwing with disaster

I'm honestly more excited about the wheels than the new exhaust and engine upgrades. A good friend of mine is the one doing all the wheel work and machining parts for me but I will ask him if I can share his notes. As far as I know, mine will be only the 2nd Busa with them.

Please do a write up on it please, if it doesn't cost a butt load of money to do the swap I would love those wheels on my busa.

What do you mean Justin from what i have read on here some guys are lowered 2inches in the front. Explain please

I hope you don't mean you lowered the forks on the new triple clamp 1.25in. If so, you're screwing with disaster[/QUOTE some guys on here lowered theirs 2 inches, explain what my problem would be Justin

I hope you don't mean you lowered the forks on the new triple clamp 1.25in. If so, you're screwing with disaster
What do you mean Justin from what i have read on here some guys are lowered 2inches in the front. Explain please. some guys on here lowered theirs 2 inches, explain what my problem would be Justin

Unless Gen I's are different, the forks taper down about half way down the forks near where the lower clamp bolts around the forks. There should be 2 bolts per side and I would double check that the fork taper isn't passed or half way through that clamp. Unless you have some really really nice roads in your area, you may just hit hard enough one time to knock it loose

Last edited:
ok checked it to be on the safe side but the shocks are taperd near the top about 5 inches from the bolts
Unless Gen I's are different, the forks taper down about half way down the forks near where the lower clamp bolts around the forks. There should be 2 bolts per side and I would double check that the fork taper isn't passed or half way through that clamp. Unless you have some really really nice roads in your area, you may just hit hard enough one time to knock it loose

Last edited:
Well my buddy gave me the "go ahead" on posting the write up for the ZX-14R wheel swap so I'll start another thread and copy his write he did. I did ask him if he was interested in making anymore parts to do the swap and he declined so if you can find a set, I hope you guys can find a reliable machinist like I have. I'm honestly stoked after seeing the pictures he sent me of it but I'm not quite done yet. I'm about 95% sure I'm going powder coat the spokes gold and leave the lip gloss black

Back