What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

hmmmm, was a long day.

swapped out to stainless steel braided brake lines front and rear, replaced brake pads with sintered pads, added extensions, adjusted out to about 5" over, added new front and rear sprockets, new zzz chain, fresh set of Q2's, oil change with Motul 300V 10w40 and OEM filter, and washed her up. Tomorrow will finish up the trunk mod, leds, add the battery tender "plug in", and get the fairings back on her:) maybe get a little ride in to try out the lowered stretched bike now sitting in my living room:):laugh::laugh::laugh:

Somebody's rich ??? :laugh:

hmmmm, was a long day.

swapped out to stainless steel braided brake lines front and rear, replaced brake pads with sintered pads, added extensions, adjusted out to about 5" over, added new front and rear sprockets, new zzz chain, fresh set of Q2's, oil change with Motul 300V 10w40 and OEM filter, and washed her up. Tomorrow will finish up the trunk mod, leds, add the battery tender "plug in", and get the fairings back on her:) maybe get a little ride in to try out the lowered stretched bike now sitting in my living room:):laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ordered a pair of steel sprockets (one tooth down on the front), a new EK ZZZ chain, new radiator hoses, taking the radiator off to get cleaned, pressure tested and fins straightened, and bought a new OEM Suzuki cover for it for the winter.

Cleaned the top of the intake valves, replaced the spark plugs, drained the fuel, fixed the gas tank, flushed all the old coolant out with distilled water, cleaned and degreased the engine and started a little rewiring from what the previous owner did.

While the plastics are off, I think I'm going to play with a new color choice...

It is now 11:38am.

Installed the new 2 Amp 3BR USB outlet :thumbsup:

Now setting up to install Hyper LED strips inside the Air Intakes, then some Mini-Pencil beam headlights.

DSC09849.jpg

DSC09849.jpg

Fresh oil change with Texas Tea synthetic, coolant system flush/fill, cleaned/lubed the chain, cleaned/detailed and waxed everything....

Started out for a ride, wife screamed, went grocery shopping....:down:

Wife installed set of pair block-offs from Pulse. Started her up (busa) and ran fresh gas with stabil through. She's a project taking longer than expected.

Superbowl party at a friend's house was cancelled so instead, installed +1" dog bones on the busa. I really like the change in how she rides and takes the corners. Rides like a different (better) bike :thumbsup:

Wash, plexus, adjusted the chain, lubed her up and checked the air pressure. put her away and went to the beach with some chef friends and the family!

5 Hours
2 Cans of B12
1 Bottle of simple green
3 Shop towels
2 Microfibers
2 Brushes

The area around my front sprocket is now squeaky clean!

New sprockets installed (Tooth down in the front)
New chain mounted (needs riveted still)
Radiator removed
Small radiator hose replaced, other two waiting for radiator to come back from cleaning

Tomorrow:
Flush engine block
Install new thermostat
Clean the rest of the engine

l oiled the chain and checked the air in the tires BECAUSE I'm riding the piss out of this afternoon. Heatwave here. Upper 50's so me and a buddy are headed to the foothills. We had a nice pouring rain earlier in the week so no salt or slag too worry about:thumbsup:

Back