went down

rkabusa

Registered
was hauling -- down a back road over a hill to find a stop sign tried to stop not happinin so lets make the turn got turned to flip . Thank God for leathers and helment. broke left fairing ,peg assembly,windshield,handle bar,and crack rear cover. Good news I was just bruised hip shoulder and pride.

sorry to hear about the damage to the bike but glad you are ok (relatively speaking)...also glad to hear you were wearing gear-could have been much worse

How long have you had your busa? And how long have you been riding?

I still don't understand how you crashed. You were speeding up a hill and then noticed a stop sign? And when you tried to stop you couldn't? So you tried to make a turn too fast (turning where?)... and flipped (high sided?)?

Sorry about the bike... but you're alive! I hope your insurance will cover the damage.

when I topped the hill I saw the sign  maybe  50 yards in front of me i was going over a hundred slid to the intersection then tried to turn.Ibelieve you would consider it a low side.I have had the bike for six months and have put 13000 mile on it.I have road on the most of my life and i am 39.

gotta be carefull on those first time traveled on roads
post-52-02162-rulez8bn.gif

(rkabusa @ Oct. 22 2006,03:30) when I topped the hill I saw the sign maybe 50 yards in front of me i was going over a hundred slid to the intersection then tried to turn.Ibelieve you would consider it a low side.I have had the bike for six months and have put 13000 mile on it.I have road on the most of my life and i am 39.
Looking back on the situation, what could you have done differently.... besides going so fast (that's obvious)?

1. Where there cars in the intersection?
2. Any place you could have manuevered?
3. Was it just rider error with bad braking?

I guess I still don't see how you slid the bike down into a lowside. Or why. I don't mean to sound like a prick or anything, but the more details you give the more people here can learn from your accident.

It was a T intersection with poles and fence at the end I tried to turn right to avoid fence .as far as fliping back onto the left side I will have to ask the others (little foggy on that part of crash)

(PaNDeM1C @ Oct. 22 2006,04:11)
(rkabusa @ Oct. 22 2006,03:30) when I topped the hill I saw the sign  maybe  50 yards in front of me i was going over a hundred slid to the intersection then tried to turn.Ibelieve you would consider it a low side.I have had the bike for six months and have put 13000 mile on it.I have road on the most of my life and i am 39.
Looking back on the situation, what could you have done differently.... besides going so fast (that's obvious)?

1. Where there cars in the intersection?
2. Any place you could have manuevered?
3. Was it just rider error with bad braking?

I guess I still don't see how you slid the bike down into a lowside. Or why. I don't mean to sound like a prick or anything, but the more details you give the more people here can learn from your accident.
i believe he's trying to say he was on one side of a hill and the stop sign couldnt be seen b/c it was on the other side of the hill and he didnt know there was one there. as he crested the top of the hill, prolly at a good rate of speed, BAM, all of a sudden he needs to stop. no way for him to brake in time, so he dumped it.

if it were me and depending on the traffic and such, i'd prolly take my chances and run it  
rock.gif

nevermind, you posted when i did........i thought it was a 4 way intersection.......in that case, yeah, you were screwed

Same thing for me,,, topped a hill doing 90 on a road that I had never been down. My road dead-ended into a 3 way intersection, with mine having the only stop sign. Was starting to go into the intersection when I decided to make the turn. Lucky for me, there was nobody coming in either direction.

Learned a valuable lesson for free on being ready for anything on hills and blind turns. I lost my Superman cape somewhere in my twenties.

Glad you are okay. Get her fixed and use what you've learned.

you made it unscathed, that is good. get you some ebay parts and put another 13000 safe miles on.

A lot of luck was running along with you that day! If a cage or anything else connected with you at that intersection it could have been permanent dirt nap time.
wow.gif
Suggestion: Always clear your path, (especially at those speeds)! Glad you're ok!

Take note of caption below.

Glad it was not worse. I guess there is no need to say if you are going triple digits in the future, you need to have a road that provides a clear sight path so that you don't come up on unexpected hazards such as cars pulling out of driveways, tractors and other farm machinery, wildlife etc. Hopefully you have learned from this experience, and by posting will help others to avoid the same mistake. For that I
beerchug.gif
you! Get well soon and let us know if we can help you with any parts you may need to fix your busa.

A Tee Intersection at 100mph
SHOCKED.gif
.........Yeah , That explains everything for me . I think I'd have done the same thing . Glad your okay .

Back