Just went down

SANDFLEA85

Registered
was out on a 4hr ride with a friend,country roads,got to the 1/2 way point and stopped for a cold soda when i noticed i had no back brakes,had a hole in the hose from the rear resevoir to rear master cylinder..GREAT! so we decided to take it easy on the way back,lots of twisties ahead of us,made a conscious effert to stay slow and off the front brakes as i like to ride the back brake into the turns..well the second turn i realized i was a bit too fast and heading off the road and at the same time i hit some loose gravel,all this sending my into a ditch coming to a complete stop when the bike hit a stop sign throwing me head first over the front into the asphalt,helmet cracked,leather jacket saved my arm from road rash and i have just a little bit of rash on my left hip and leg,wearing regular jeans..im ok..bike has only a broken front fender and some rash on the left fairing and stator cover,thank god that didnt crack cause i had a long way to go...took a nice ride back home,will fix bike asap.and get a new helmet..F-n shame i liked that helmat,i dont have another $400 laying around at this time to replace that one but i will definately get a new one before i ride again,it saved my grape for sure.

Dang Dude, glad your O.K.  I hate the girl went down on a good ride.  But the main thing is you are o.k.

Sorry to hear about the ride ...

... but good to hear you walked away from your spill.
smile.gif

bent metal and plastic can always be fixed or replaced.Just be glad you,re ok .
Thats just my way of thinking.

yeah,thats the first thing i thought of,fu%k it,im ok! the guy with me was more shook up then me,he needed to smoke a cigerett before we continued,i just wanted to get home before it got dark.....funny thing is you always think about crashing but when it happens its surreal,like it happens so fast you really dont have time to do anything and as soon as it was over you just start feeling all your limbs,,yeah,they're all there....wooohooo!! thanks for your concern fellas,be careful out there and check your god damn brake fluid!! I just filled it before i went out,I should have found the leak prior to leaving then putting it off,i think it would have prevented the crash if i had my rear break..too little too late...my bad,wont happen again.i got my free pass!

sorry your baby got hurt but i'm glad you walked away
beerchug.gif

Sorry to hear about the wrecks. Glad you are both ( Devl and Powers) ok.

Glad your ok. Caught gravel in a similar situation last week and went into oposing lane to get good pavement(luckily no traffic) and barely saved it by inches from going of roading.. I road the rest of the day like a little old lady... well.. till I hit the highway home. Hope you get through the sore days quick.

Glad your ok,If you can get up and walk away its all good,Sounds like it could have been alot worse.

Back