Been away, crashed

rrookey

Donating Member
Registered
Hi all, first time on since crash, A box truck stopped in front of me an the highway, guess he wasn't paying attention to what was in front of him and had to lock them up, well I loaded the brakes up both front and rear as I started to slide I pulled more front and nosed wheelied into the back of him, the dock bumper turned my front wheel and slammed me onto the ground, he kept driving so he dragged both the bike and me about 50 ft then after I fell off he dragged my bike another 100 ft before that fell off, I broke a few ribs, cracked scapula, brused lung and shoulder, no road rash as I always wear all my gear!!!!! jacket is trashed and helmet took a good blow, as for the bike, every piece of plastic is trashed, looks like they might total it! still waiting for the crach appraisal......  
guns.gif

sorry to hear the bad news, but the bright side is that you are still here to tell us about it.

The pics do not show a lot of damage maybe you will be back up soon.

Good luck.

<!--EDIT|heavybusa
Reason for Edit: "it happens"|1154268180 -->

Holy crap bro.... that sucks. It didn't look like it caused a whole lot of damage to the bike.... it looks like you have frame sliders..... did those save you any damage? Did the truck eventually stop? Sucks.... heal quick man.

Sorry to hear about the bike and you,get better soon,good for you wearing the gear...road rash must suk!
Now getting back to the crash,how dang close behind were you that you stuffed him?
I always give myself pleny of room on the highway...Even in my cage!
Too mant times,I see people 15 ft off of someones rear bumper....not good!

Sorry to hear bro,glad you are ok though... Good on ya for wearing ALL of your gear! I laid down my 06 Black/gray last weekend too
sad.gif
Damn Cagers!!!
guns.gif
Hey, way your nose (of the bike) scuffed up at all? what about tail? Let me know if they scrap it or what you are doing, I wouldn't mind scoring some of your plastics if possible
biggrin.gif

Thanks all, not a lot of damage to look at other then every pc of plastic is either scuffed, cracked or broke, the bike really looks good not frame or motor damage, thanks to the frame sliders! just the cost of all the plastic that is going to scrap her out I think, the bars are OK but both controls are cracked, visor ripped off and headlight cracked! seat scuffed and grab rails also damaged... broken peg..... all little things that just add up to a lot of money!!!!!!! but I will ride again!
smile.gif

Glad it wasn't worse.

While leaving yourself more room behind someone would definately been best, maybe swerving could have saved you. Unless you were really close behind.

Sorry to hear that. My dad went down last night on his HD. He is pretty messed up, but will survive.

Always hate to hear about a fellow rider going down. Glad you're OK. Did the truck dude ever stop? Did he know you were hooked to his a$$?

Glad you were wearing your gear! You'll get the bike fixed up.

glad to hear you ok....yes...we all need to not tailgate...back off or get ahead...the more line of sight you have..the better you can react!!!

Back