Been away for a while, had a bad month

Fate, although I have never met you, I can tell you are a good man. Keep strong, and like others have said, let the mom thing slide off. Every family has issues. Some families are full of rational people that can communicate and act rationally. Other families have members that refuse to see the truth or reality and it becomes very very difficult to try and deal with things with them. (this is my case as well) In your heart, when you know you have done the best you can to resolve such issues, but the issues are still somewhat unresolved, you can walk away knowing you did everything you could to help correct the situation. Those family members who are only in it for certain things which benefit themselves will not be able to do the same. You have done all that you could, and probably even more. You have nothing to be ashamed about. Others down the road may realize how selfish and foolish they were. You did many things for your grandparents and that is admirable. I am sure your grandfather is looking down on you right this very minute smiling from ear to ear because he knows that you may not be talking right to him for comfort and help and guidance, but he is still sending it down to you and you are making the best of it. You will have great success with your business plans. Stay motivated. Be strong. Keep your head up. Great things are coming your way. Good luck with everything bro.
Your abs. right. Thanks man....

I am sorry for the misfortune you have been through. I dont know if this helps, but since you are already positive, try looking at little pieces of the big picture. Deal with one issue at a time until you have the big picture taken care of. I know everything seems overwhelming at times, but take one step at a time and you will get there. I am thankful you have family and a good business partner to help support you. Dont sweat your mother, it takes a lot of energy to stay angry, your focus is on better things.
That is what I have been doing. I am down in Florida now working on the most important deal I have, my wife has been great through all this and we have gotten alot closer. She has been a godsent.... She is dealing with alot of the arrangements and other problems while I focus on this florida deal.

Your a good man mike! Hang in there, things will get better. You did what few people would be willing to do for your grandparents. I'm proud to call you my friend!
Thanks, I have met alot of people here on this board and am glad to be able to say that I call all of them my friend, but you are one of the most stand up guys I have ever met and it means alot to be a friend of yours.
And that means alot to me too. Hope you are able to take some time off and come to the gap with us. I think it would be good for you.

I think when things fall down, it's the only way for life to get momentum to get back up, much like a pendulum. When you hit the bottom of a pendulum swing, things are moving the fastest, and if you can manage to hang on, you have no choice but to experience a wonderful upswing.

IMO, you are very couragous and strong, and if it were up to me, you would be rewarded in a big way.
That is a really way to put it..... Thanks,

All you guys have cheered me up alot. Sitting at a Panera in Cape Coral right now, have no power in our place we are working on in Florida. Ran up to check the board and get some work done.

Your a good man mike! Hang in there, things will get better. You did what few people would be willing to do for your grandparents. I'm proud to call you my friend!
Thanks, I have met alot of people here on this board and am glad to be able to say that I call all of them my friend, but you are one of the most stand up guys I have ever met and it means alot to be a friend of yours.
And that means alot to me too. Hope you are able to take some time off and come to the gap with us. I think it would be good for you.
I'll try to make it. Not sure if I can do it this year.

glad to hear things seem to be turning around for you...keep your head up and keep pushing forward...the only way you can ever be defeated is when you refuse to get up again
beerchug.gif

Mike if there is anything we can help your family with in St. Louis, just let us know.It's only 180 miles for me, and I'm sure Dennis and Colen would help out too.

Mike if there is anything we can help your family with in St. Louis, just let us know.It's only 180 miles for me, and I'm sure Dennis and Colen would help out too.
I appreciate the offer, I know all you guys would help in a second and I would do the same if the tables were turned. There is really nothing that anyone can help me with right now. The problem with my house is a bad septic and just had someone finally locate my tank and it is under a tree that is probably 80 years old!!! It is huge. With the storms hitting the North right now and the tree issue, the county is giving more time to deal with the problem. 10 days was crazy anyway.... I have some guys that worked for me that I went out of my way to make sure they had $$ when they needed it and I am attempting to call in the favors now. One guy owes me weeks of work, but found out he just got thrown in jail... The other rents from me and owes me rent so I may be able to work out something with him for some exchange of rent for work...

Hang tough dude. I admire your tenacity and your toughness. I don't know if I could do the same.

--Wag--

Mike keep a positive outlook, you will get thru this, your in a setback now! You seem to have a good outlook on things though! Keep you head up and dont look back! Prayers sent my friend! Things will get better for you!

You did the right thing for you're Grand Parents! It's tough to loose a family member. It tougher to do it when the family has additional stress. You're a tough and resilient man Mike! God speed to you.

Back