Well I made a mistake yesterday.

06BUSA

BlackBird rider, lol
Donating Member
Registered
Yes I hit a tree, doing about 40-50. My shield fogged up at the most inopertune time during yesterdays blast.
I was tearing up the snow on my Polaris xcr 800 in a heavy weeded area when this small 2.5" tree jumped out in front of me. I was running atleast 70 and got on the brake hard. Not enough time to turn so I jumped back on the gas and played G.Washington. Yes I cut that tree down. Actually it uprooted. After impact my sled didn't miss a beat and I found myself laughing to the point that slowing down in the weed and tall grass was A bad idea. Got stuck then found that all rain we got right before the freeze wasn't gone. I was in 10 to 12 inches of standing water with a 1" layer of ice. Glad I put on the water proof boots. Water only got over the top boot lip in the last few minute of turning the sled in that mess. I didn't time it but it had to be 30minutes to turn it enough to ride out the way I came other then the tree part.

Damage
Helmet when it fell off the seat. I have extra side shield mounting plate screws somewhere.

Sled has a bend front bumped and the bumper cover has a small crack.

Here is the bumper. one side is still perfect. Looks like a easy bend back to me.

bumper.JPG

I slid over a tree snowboarding last Friday . Yeah it was only about 3' but it still made me wipeout
super.gif

(BiG-T @ Dec. 04 2006,18:27) You know you don't have a sled license!
I know, but I am working on it.
laugh.gif
Having a problem with the turns.
Like people taking their test on a Busa.

One 800 pound sled w/200 pound rider traveling about 50 mph + one tree =

PIC_0011.jpg

xcrbumper.jpg

I think Busa season is over. So up she went and a sled took her spot.
600busaxcr.jpg

Back