Had a little crash yesterday



GIXERHP

ok, ok...just a wee bit Irish...
Donating Member
Registered
All i can see is you laughing your azz off about this though, and pissed because of no Video! :whistle:
 

mracer29

Registered
GIXERHP said:
All i can see is you laughing your azz off about this though, and pissed because of no Video! :whistle:
We did have a good laugh & I'm investing in more Gopro batteries. The battery died about 15 min before the crash.
 

Tufbusa

Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach
Registered
Jason Pridmore told me once "Never give up on the brakes and never give up on a corner"!

Just curious, why did you not take the runoff road in the photo?

Looks like a pretty easy crash. Glad you're not hurt.
 

mracer29

Registered
Tufbusa said:
Jason Pridmore told me once "Never give up on the brakes and never give up on a corner"!

Just curious, why did you not take the runoff road in the photo?

Looks like a pretty easy crash. Glad you're not hurt.
I certainly gave up on the corner & took what I thought was the best option. I was way tight at the entrance of the turn, I leaned it in but it didnt feel right. I was past the point of taking the other direction on that road. Wish I would have just got on the brakes and ran a lil wide in the turn probably would have been fine.
 

racerV

Did you say something?
Donating Member
Registered
I certainly gave up on the corner & took what I thought was the best option. I was way tight at the entrance of the turn, I leaned it in but it didnt feel right. I was past the point of taking the other direction on that road. Wish I would have just got on the brakes and ran a lil wide in the turn probably would have been fine.
I have always been told, you go where you look. Has worked for me a few times.
 

semi

Whoooosh!
Moderator
Donating Member
Registered
glad to hear this wasn't any worse, sounds like it isn't anything that a bottle of ibuprofen and a handful of cash won't take care of :thumbsup:
 

mracer29

Registered
semi said:
glad to hear this wasn't any worse, sounds like it isn't anything that a bottle of ibuprofen and a handful of cash won't take care of :thumbsup:
Luckily Advil and a new brake lever cost under $20 :-)
 

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
You just wanted to see if offroading was for you; we all do it, right? :p

I'm glad you're OK!!! :thumbsup:
 

mracer29

Registered
VaBusa said:
You just wanted to see if offroading was for you; we all do it, right? :p

I'm glad you're OK!!! :thumbsup:
I grew up in the dirt on 2,3, and 4 wheels. Guess I just don't have the skills anymore :-)
 

kjcili

Donating Member
Registered
Glad your ok and walked away with minor injuries. Don't take lightly to the headache with the little BUMP. Go get your head MRI'd and EEG B4 it's too late. Better to be safe than sorry.
Glad to see the ride made it with only minor damage.

BUT PLEASE, GO GET YOURSELF LOOKED AT.

Closed-head injuries r no joke...

A Doctor's worse patient is himself

Gos speed
 

mracer29

Registered
kjcili said:
Glad your ok and walked away with minor injuries. Don't take lightly to the headache with the little BUMP. Go get your head MRI'd and EEG B4 it's too late. Better to be safe than sorry.
Glad to see the ride made it with only minor damage.

BUT PLEASE, GO GET YOURSELF LOOKED AT.

Closed-head injuries r no joke...

A Doctor's worse patient is himself

Gos speed
I'm happy to report the headaches are gone. I have a ringing in my ear, but they say that's normal after a concussion. :-)
 

kjcili

Donating Member
Registered
I wouldn't trust it. I still think you should get looked at. Back in the 80's I had a buddy by the name of Kelly Williams (yes a guy), had a dirtbike accident, went down pretty hard, full gear. Had headaches speradically for awhile, then seemed to go away. Never thought anything of it, then started getting headaches again, got looked at, said ok, (back in 80's), told him prob stress. 6 months later we put him in the ground. Went to sleep and never woke up. Keep in mind we we're 17, young, TOP physical condition and well taken care of.
Like I said brother, I just don't trust minor head injury, we lose enuf brothers in uncontrollable bad situations, but if we can attend to a minor situation and be sure, I know I would sleep better. God protect you.....
 


Latest Bikes

  • 2011 busa
    2011 limited edition candy sonoma red busa
    • Hetheus
    • Updated:
  • New guy here
    Hey what’s up everybody! My names Matt from Southern California. I just...
    • Los.great.beard
    • Updated:
  • My 2014 Hayabusa
    2014 Hayabusa 50th Anniversary
    • Dljat2
    • Updated:
  • Hi Everyone
    Loved
    • BirolBora
    • Updated:
  • 3-wheeler Touring Car
    2002 BMW K1200RS built into a Grinnall Scorpion 3 800lbs 130hp
    • K-Clive
    • Updated:

Forum statistics

Threads
174,130
Messages
3,118,159
Members
48,266
Latest member
SSurfer Hh
Top