Hit a car yesterday!

Man this is taking way too long.
guns.gif
firedevil.gif

Sorry forgot to update. Well I finally got everything taken care of, insurance and all. They wanted 2000.00 to buy the wrecked bike back so I told them to just take it, way too much for me since it was totaled. So I took the money paid off the loan and had enough left over to get a used '04. So as of last Friday I now have another bike and loving it. Still got things to do to make it mine but overall no compaints here!
ThumbsUp.gif

P

Bike.jpg

Congratulations on the new bike. I had the same thing happen to me in 1987. Girl pulls out & I hit her going about 70, played Superman. Turns out she had no insurance & I only had liability. I end up w/ a totalled bike & nerve damage in my leg. I got a judgement against her, but never collected a cent.

That sucks bud, it looks like a total, I would want mine totaled at that point cause the frame geometry up front might be slightly out of whack now. Make sure the insurance gives you money for your helmet I had to complain a lot before I got my money but they refused to pay for my jacket. The only reason I got paid for my helmet is I finally said if you can get Shoei to say it is ok to re use a helmet after a crash then I will keep it if not give me my 450.00 I ended up paying out of pocket and sending them the receipt. But I got paid all the same.

glad to see you up and ride'n again brotha. GTG's wouldn't be the same without ya
beerchug.gif

lucky rider... or shal i say lucky riderS... I hit a flat bed pick up truck, thankfully was low from behind, which made me miss it and literally fly over the damn thing. Any bit higher and I woulda slammed straight into that thing and God knows... Gear and luck saved my life! and yours! GLAD YOU MADE IT... Hope you back to ridin soon!
Thanks again guys.  Well just to update, I finally got information from the lady's insurance (Geico).  Apparently she wasn't covered during the time of the wreck so now I'm having to go through my insurance as an uninsured motorist.  But I'm also talking to a lawyer to find out what all my options are since it's been 3 weeks since the wreck and the bike is still untouched setting in my garage.  Looks like next week is when my insurance will come look at it and let me know what they are going to do so that will be 4 weeks before somebody actually looks at the bike!  I'll keep ya posted but it really sucks to be the victim of an accident and be the only one doing any work to get the issue solved.

thanks,
P
Yikes ! Glad your gonna be ok. Seems allways the irresponsible ones that not only drive stupid but drive w/ out ins ...

A 33 year old catering biz owner was killed here the other night by a drunk driver with no insurance and the drunk didnt get hurt.
firedevil.gif

First time seeing the thread. Sorry you lost your bike, glad you came out alright.

Back