Had a little crash yesterday

mracer29

Registered
I was riding in the Hocking Hills old man's Cave area Logan Ohio. The area has a combination of turns and elevation changes, nothing like the dragon but still good riding.

I was leading a spirited ride with 5 following, we came upon a set of 15 mph turns with short straights in between. This is where I did everything wrong! First I looked in the mirror to see where the guys were behind me, when I looked back up I was doing about 40 into the next 15mph turn. Figuring I was screwed I quickly accessed the situation and decided there was run off room to go straight, which would have worked great except for the drainage culvert.

I'm pretty sure the front tire cleared the culvert with no problem but when the back tire hit it I got launched into the air 8 to 10 feet and traveled aprox 15 ft before landing flat on my back. My head hit the ground pretty hard. I still have a head ache & I have a nice bruise on my leg. The bike has a dent in the pipe and the rear brake lever got broke. Other than that all seems good....

image-38632109.jpg

image-3731217966.jpg

image-3729725056.jpg

image-667238496.jpg

Btw I love my race rails the saved the bike from major damage!!!

image-38632109.jpg

image-3731217966.jpg

image-3729725056.jpg

image-667238496.jpg

Lucky! Glad you are ok. I had a Spyder trying to keep up with me yesterday and he overshot a corner and hit an oncomming car. He is banged up pretty good but aparently no broken bones.

Glad you're ok. I hope you went to the hospital and had your noggin checked out. :please:

Race rails apparently did there job. Glad you aren't too badly beat up.

racerV said:
Lucky! Glad you are ok. I had a Spyder trying to keep up with me yesterday and he overshot a corner and hit an oncomming car. He is banged up pretty good but aparently no broken bones.

That sucks, glad he's ok for the most part!

BlondeOnaBusa said:
Glad you're ok. I hope you went to the hospital and had your noggin checked out. :please:

I'm a guy, we don't goto the hospital unless an ambulance ride takes us there. :-) I lived through the night even though I still have a headache. Slight concision I'm sure.

Glad you landed on your head :laugh: You might want to see a doctor, sounds like a concussion.

dadofthree said:
Glad you landed on your head :laugh: You might want to see a doctor, sounds like a concussion.

Just googled concussions, I'm pretty sure I'm good. I never lost consciousness, only a mild headache. Thanks dad, for making me search google just to be sure.

Glad you are okay! Like they all say, its not if, but when, right? :banghead:

Back