I made a mistake today...

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
Oh damn! Them thangs is sweet! They feel so light and nimble compared to the busa. I got on and leaned it off the stand and almost layed it over to the right. I'm used to heftin' the busa around and the lil' gixx felt like a featherweight just leanin' 'er off the stand. It was a showroom floor bike so I couldn't ride it, but I flicked it around a little in the showroom. Seems very quick & easy to flick around. I can now see why they supposedly handle so well! I'd love to have taken that thing out for about an hour!
devil.gif

Anywayz, now I'm cheesin' for a gixxer 1k as a stable mate for Da' Train. No way it'll happen anytime soon I don't guess, but it's my new dream. Man, that black beauty was super, SUPER schaweeeeeeeet!
super.gif

Oh damn! Them thangs is sweet! They feel so light and nimble compared to the busa. I got on and leaned it off the stand and almost layed it over to the right. I'm used to heftin' the busa around and the lil' gixx felt like a featherweight just leanin' 'er off the stand. It was a showroom floor bike so I couldn't ride it, but I flicked it around a little in the showroom. Seems very quick & easy to flick around. I can now see why they supposedly handle so well! I'd love to have taken that thing out for about an hour!  
devil.gif

Anywayz, now I'm cheesin' for a gixxer 1k as a stable mate for Da' Train. No way it'll happen anytime soon I don't guess, but it's my new dream. Man, that black beauty was super, SUPER schaweeeeeeeet!
super.gif
Careful now BT!

You are on the verge of blasphamy...

Don't let Da Train hear you say that!

I have ridden my friends 03 1000 a few times.  IT will ride rings around most any Busa on any twisty bit of road, wheelies are dead easy and fun, and yes it seems to weigh nothin after getting off the Busa... BUT, as all arounders go and for sheer acceleration...  I still feel the Busa is the King...  But the 1000 is schweet!!!

Got my pipes today.... you probably should check out my post in classifieds...  
wow.gif

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1078451045 -->

yep....I rode my friend's 03, and it felt ok. It was light and pretty nimble, and the power is there, but it didn't have that "oomph" that the Busa has all around. It would definitely be an awesome track bike....but I'm also looking at a SV1000. Both are sweet bikes.

I rode my friends '02 and didn't care for it, it's nowhere near as comfortable to ride any distance and I prefer taking twisties with the Busa strangely enough, the gix I had to fight with to put down in the corners.

Yeah, I know it won't dethrone the king as an all around bike but it'd have to be sweet in the twisties. Since I want to eventually set the busa up for draggin' I want something on the other end of the spectrum for street ridin'. A twisty machine. I could prolly do it with a second busa but I just think somethin' a little different would be fun. On that note, all the write-ups on the new Honda litre bike are very interesting. Sounds like a sweet ridin' machine for track or twisties.

yep....the new CBR 1000 sounds just too wicked. I mean, with the way the 954s were performing, can you imagine how it'll perform with the added CCs? Damn! The only thing I didn't like about the G1k is that she felt too skinny when I sat on her. Very thin...but light. I wanna sit on the SV1000....test drive it if I could. I wanna know how THAT bad boy will rock!

BT hOw dare you blaspheme so close to da train. I'm going to have to go to church and wash my eyes with holy water for reading this. Oh my goodness. Must go talk to my baby (Rick James) and let him know you were joking.
wow.gif

Where the busa is the best of the best of everything, I still feel the R1 is the best of everything in the liter bikes... and none of those are the cadilac ride of a busa!!
smile.gif

Bullet Train,
If you can afford it, go for it. I have both: Busa & GSXR1K. Neither are perfect, but both are wonderful. Good luck.

I think that the 1K would be a nice stall mate for the Bus.
smile.gif
What a kick ass machine!
wow.gif

I have a riding buddy who has an '03 Gixx1000 and he runs it at the track. He is running 9.8's in the quarter and the bike is totally stock except for a full Micron exhaust and lowering links. This guy rides his arse off. Went to the track with him last Saturday and beat the poop out of a guy on a stretched Busa. That doesn't mean a whole lot because of the things that must be considered (i.e. rider skill, rider weight, launch technique, etc. etc. etc.). I was real proud of him, but at the same time, I was a little upset that the Busa lost. Damn that Gixx 1000 is awesome
firedevil.gif
With all the talk about the R1 vs. Busa... I would love to see the '04 R1 vs. Gixx1000 for braggin' rights
cool.gif

Brian

I sat on the 600RR last week. That bike doesn't seem to weigh anything, then I read that it is the heaviest 600. I sat on the GSXR 600 next to it, but it didn't feel as flickable even if it was lighter. I'm thinking of getting a trackbike but it probably will be used and cheap.

I had a 03 750 for about a month (it got stolen) I really liked that bike it was awesome in the corners and it was a wheelie machine. But it was not near a comfortable to ride as the busa. I did not like riding it for very far at all. I guess that I got spoiled on the BUS

I got on my son's R1 this weekend and it was a nimble and fast machine, but I told him "wait til you ride my Busa and you'll know what I mean" the Busa is still the King.
smile.gif

Bullet,
you should try sitting on that zx10. I sat on one in Atlanta at the International Motorcycle Show and man that thing was unreal. I literally felt like I could pull that puppy on it's back wheel like I used to do my BMX. Super light 1k bikes man, it's going to be an interesting year!

Back