Well guys... finally made the jump to a liter bike!

I went from a 500 to a busa. It was alot different but fun. For anyone who doesn't think a busa is fun in the curves just isn't doing it right

+1 on this

Myself and countless others have dragged many a knee on a busa.
They handle great in curves.
Put a busa against any 1000 with skilled riders and the 1000s will edge them out.
Only because the 1000s have a shorter wheelbase and a more narrow engine, which results in more ground clearance for more lean angle. Especially in a decreasing radious turn.
However, don't be suprised to have your knee down haulin azz on a 1000 and have a guy on a busa cruise past you.
More BS is that busas can't ride wheelies, and we've squashed that one too.
Certain bikes excel at certain things. The busa happens to be one of the best, well rounded "does everything well" bikes ever built.
Don't belive the hype. Just gossip spread by folks who can't ride, and or don't know what they're talking about.:beerchug:

Sixpack hit that on the head. Everyone around me is your average rider, no track days or super awesome schools. So far I have kept up with 600, and 1000 I have rode with in the curves we have around here. Now you take a great rider and the liter will beat it hands down but those are far and few between. The first summer I was afraid of the bus in the corners because of listening to everyone. This summer I raised it 1' in the rear and put a 43 on the back. Now I have no problem getting arid of those chicken strips and pulling up the front tire like the smaller bikes do. Its all in your head and how you ride. My buddy rides a 03 r1 and its a nice bike and I enjoy riding it but I would never get arid of my busa for one

Congrats!!!! :beerchug: ..love that body style!!

I just went from an '05 R1 to an '07 Busa 2 weeks ago. I had them both for 2 days at one point and it was fun bouncing back and forth and comparing them.

I have new tires on the Busa so i'm not really going nuts yet in the corners... but I think it's great in the corners.. Actually i find myself leaning more in the corners than I did with my R1 just because the size is bigger and it is less twitchy... leans are pretty controlled. All busa's and R1's are a little different though i'm sure.

My opinion... the R1 was like going 1000 mph on a scooter.... and the Busa is like going 1000 mph in a car. It may seem slower speeds at some points but you look down and you're going 130. I think the 300 cc is a little offset by the 100 lb weight difference... and they're really similar to me. The Busa is just bigger and i like that.

The busa was my choice because i always loved the look.. i test drove one and the comfort difference was insane to me. The Brock's Pipe didn't hurt my decision either. Plus it's lowered.

Good luck and have fun!!! (the R1 was my first bike in a long time and i managed not to crash it - so you'll be fine)... LOVE the R1 too!!!!

IMG_1237.jpg

I was able to make the jump from a 6 to a Busa...it was the best decision I have ever made. My 6 was restricting, when I got KING, I knew the 6 was a BIGGGGGG mistake.

Yea I don't know if I would have been able to make that jump. Although I probably could have. I'm 28, so I have a lot more throttle control had I had these bikes when I was younger. However, as posted it's a major difference!

I made the jump from never owning a bike to buying my 08 busa. 5k miles later, I'm still here. :thumbsup: congrats on the r1

Back