Well guys... finally made the jump to a liter bike!

07R6R

Registered
Hey guys. I don't post on here much, but when I have it's generally been about whether or not I should trade my bike for a liter. Well, that finally happened! I couldn't be happier. I actually get better gas mileage on this because I'm not riding no where near as high in the RPM range that I did on my R6. I traded straight up for the same year R1, same miles too. Couldn't be happier. This thing is a monster. It just makes me wonder what power the Busa holds, and now I want one of those!

For those who suggested to upgrade, thank you. I don't think I could ever ride a 600 again, unless I'm tracking it.

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

It does kinda make you wonder huh? :laugh: Jumping from a 6 to a liter bike is a nice culture shock.......jumping from a 6 to a busa is a nervous system shock :whistle:

Yea I don't know if I would have been able to make that jump. Although I probably could have. I'm 28, so I have a lot more throttle control had I had these bikes when I was younger. However, as posted it's a major difference!

Roughly 400 cc's funner (sic) than your old bike and, 340 CC's less fun than a Busa...

Ride safe....

The R1 is a nice solid performing bike, just dont hope you plan on travelling far or riding your girlfriend on that small contraption on the tail of your bike they call a back seat :laugh: Because with that undertail exhaust her :moon: is gonna be roasting

Busa- Hahaha that's hilarious, but true. Very small back there.

PO- Thanks you too!

nice bike.. i like that style r1 ( 04+)... the newer ones ( 10-11-12) looks awful..

R1 to Busa is night and day.
The busa has alot more torque and makes alot more power at lower rpms.
R1's won't do anything until you get into the upper rpms.
In a 1/4 mile race the busa will win by a bike length or 2(equally skilled riders) but the busa will feel much stronger doing so. After the 1/4 the busa will start walking away.
You need to ride one.
It's a cool progression though. Your R6 felt fast didn't it? Until you got the R1:laugh:
Congrats and enjoy!

I didnt have any throttle control and got a 07' ZX10 for my first bike. I ended up totaling it. Good thing you started with the R6.

A busa may be much more powerful but is nowhere near as fun around corners. I think your going to continue loving that R1 even if you do have a busa later. If I get another bike its going to be another ZX10. At the same time, I will never trade my busa.

I did the 6 to busa jump, that was exciting. :lol:

Love that R1 man, she's gonna be a good fun bike.for ya.

PS- I feel zx10's we built as a population control device, they just make ya wanna do dumb stuff.

I went from a 500 to a busa. It was alot different but fun. For anyone who doesn't think a busa is fun in the curves just isn't doing it right

Shawn- I love this body style. My ideal R1 would be this body style with the cross plane in it!!!

Six- I understand what you're saying. My R6 had 0 torque in the lower RPM's, the R1 is better, but since adding the velocity stacks and full exhaust it's almost too much. The busa would make my veins probably pop from the adrenaline rush. Yea my R6 felt fast, slow now compared to my R1. I'd probably have a similar feeling with the Busa. I commute and I really enjoyed the larger engine for commuting, so I'd imagine I'd be quite fond of the Busa for this.

Provorse- You should have seen me the first few days I got this thing. Completely a vagina. I was afraid to rip the throttle, and to be honest still am unless I'm already going to steady pace. This bastard is a wheelie machine. Excitingly fun!

Rooster- You know, that's what I think. Any liter sportbike + is population control!

Diamond- I've always read a busa isn't **** in the corners, and have always wondered how they handle.

Thanks for everyone else, it is a beautiful bike. Blue being my favorite color of course.

R1 to Busa is night and day.
The busa has alot more torque and makes alot more power at lower rpms.
R1's won't do anything until you get into the upper rpms.
In a 1/4 mile race the busa will win by a bike length or 2(equally skilled riders) but the busa will feel much stronger doing so. After the 1/4 the busa will start walking away.
You need to ride one.
It's a cool progression though. Your R6 felt fast didn't it? Until you got the R1:laugh:
Congrats and enjoy!
This is exactly right. Your R1 probably makes similar power to a Busa, but you gotta be spinning that motor above 8,000 rpm before the power comes on. That means you shift a lot more compared to the Busa and you get a bigger power rush when the power finally does come on. Nothing wrong with that, it's just different, plus you have the benefit of having a lighter, more nimble bike (that's probably less comfortable for all-day rides compared to the Big Bus). A liter bike makes great power, but you gotta use your gears.

In contrast, you hardly ever need to shift with a Busa. 50 mph in 6th gear, hit the throttle and you'll be too fast by the time you hit the next turn - no downshifting needed. :laugh:

Oh, yeah, and congrats on your new Yammy. She's a beauty! :thumbsup:

Back