Busa Vs. Liter Bikes

TakRail

Registered
Got a question about the difference between the Busa and liter bikes like the GSXR 1000.

How is the power and performance between the two? I've heard from both the liter riders and the busa riders that the power of their style of bike is unmatched by any other type of bike. As for the handeling of the bikes I'm not that concerned with as I will never use what either will do. Hell on my 02 GSXR 600 I never got less then 1/2 inch chicken strips on the tires.

I've still made my mind up that my next bike will be a busa. I'm just curious.

Well, I'd say pretty even up to about 170 MPH. The liter bikes just got upgraded and make awesome power, but the 08 Busa should be improved because of the ZX-14 and liter bike competition. So you may want to wait a few months for the supposed release of the 08.
all_coholic.gif

busa = smoother top speed, can ride across country
liter = better twistie riding and wheelies

The guy I ride with has a R1, they are pretty well matched. Until we are riding 2-up, then there is no compareing the two !! He always says "man I just can't believe the difference when you add a passenger"!! Not just that, when we do any distance at all he always wants to pull over, and take a break, because he gets sore in his legs, and back !!

GOD I LOOOOOVE THIS BIKE !!!

If you're not planning on doing a lot of twisties, definitely go with the Busa. I just got rid of my Busa for the 07 GSXR-1000. The Busa definitely feels more stable over 140, and is more torquey throughout the RPM range.

Both are good, no great, bikes at what they do, but they're kind of apples and oranges. Sounds like a Busa fits your requirements.

I've had a gixxer 1000 and an R1. I loved both of them. Lets just say I'd rather be on the busa at high speeds. But if i was younger and my wrists in better shape, I'd still be on my gixxer 1000. bottom line is its all good. i have fun riding my kids tweaked pw-50.
bowdown.gif

Back