Stock Busa VS. Liter bikes.

Break in period??? What is that?? I ride it like I stole it..
Liter bike are fast.. it comes down to mods, weight and rider skill..

I appreciate all the feedback. I did read some other views as SOcal suggested and many of you and it does seem she's ready to rip now. :)

I bought my bike and rode it home 450 miles. The first 250 miles were heat cycles. When I got home and changed out the break in oil I rode it like I ride it now at 25,000 miles she runs just as strong if not stronger.

Did you honestly think you could out run your buddies 1000's when your riding it like an ol lady?

My bike makes more power then a gen 2, and weights 100lbs less, pretty simple math, the new class of 1k's are a riot, and it's bone stock

892d8621e6f2f403c4ffecc9e79eceef.jpg

Skydivr, it's finally nice enough to ride around here, have 350 miles now, my daughter is sick and mom has stuff to do today or I would add a few hundred more, gotta get rid of this limiter, come on 600 miles

Throw a decent aftermarket exhaust on a Gen II(lose the 43 lb. boat anchor)and hp/1/4 mile and top speed #'s are pretty much identical(Busa still with considerably more torque).Also have to consider the BMW is probably about as close to a full on factory race bike as you can get and costs at least $5,000 more.

Title was stock busa vs liter bikes, not mod your busa to beat a 1000.

And just to clarify with price as everyone seems to use that.

I bought my 2012 Motorsport all option s1krr for $15,400. With 3 year warranty, 3 year road side assistance it's not much more then a new busa, plus the bmw has tc,abs,quick shifter, heated grips.

Now the hp4 on the other hand was a little more,lol

Still love the busa's to,

More comfortable, better usable power,more torque, an icon, 2 up riding is 100times better

I bought my bike and rode it home 450 miles. The first 250 miles were heat cycles. When I got home and changed out the break in oil I rode it like I ride it now at 25,000 miles she runs just as strong if not stronger.

Did you honestly think you could out run your buddies 1000's when your riding it like an ol lady?

Fair enough... Though I assume you can understand not wanting to chance "ruining" a new 11k dollar toy. The more I've read seems like its time to start opening her up. I guess in general I underestimated the ability of the 1k to the Busa generally speaking. I also know as I get more comfortable with the bike things are gonna change also. Overall though, I don't regret going with the Busa for a second! I had a ball riding her yesterday... Only two complaints really, needs a double bubble and upgraded breaks immediately!

I have an '08 Busa (mods in sig) and just picked up a 2012 GSXR 1000 today. The Busa makes mountains of torque compared to the 1000. The 1000 does rip when the RPMs get up there, though. As both of my bikes sit right now (Busa "uncorked" and the 1000 stock), the Busa will walk the 1000, without question. The gearing on the two bikes seems completely different. The 1000 feels like it has a much closer ratio tranny, which keeps it in the power easier and revs quickly, where as the Busa tranny ratios seem a bit more spaced apart. If you're gonna race liter bikes, make sure you're in the right gear and don't baby it!

You are going to need some mods to BEAT the new 1k's ... the weight is the biggest issue. It should be real close if both bikes are stock and equal riders ( depending on what !k you race ) Totally different bikes, both are awesome machines. My last Busa was able to beat most 1k's I ride with, 3rd gear was when I would walk away :laugh:

I usually ride solo but EVERY time I am in a group.....I always stay/take the last place. Never bothered me one bit :)

Back