Fastest liter bike?

Travis England

Registered
What is everyones opinion of the fastest liter bike ...I love my busa but I just want to get something different I kind of want two bikes to ride...I thought the bmw 1000rr was the most powerful liter bike but I heard something about the zx10 is supposed to have more power with a Euro tune something like 20 more hp...can anyone tell be what is different from the regular zx10 vs the euro tuned zx10 if the zx has more power I would hate for fork out a few more thousand for the bmw...if anyone has any dyno sheets from these new bikes please post them

There is an article in motorcyclist magazine about an ecu flash on the zx10 to bring it to full power.matches or beats the BMW by a bit and the 10is lighter.think it cost $395 .

Mine:laugh:
Abs/dtc
Gear shift assist
4 power modes
3 year warranty
3 year roadside assistance
Heated grips
451lbs
193 horse

No stupid ecu flash required
6cb0efcbafbebdba68e13563ef68a56b.jpg

If I had the money to buy a brand new liter bike it would be the zx10. I just love the looks of it. Both bikes have more than enough power for the street and I would like to have the little extra money saved from not buying the BMW for a full exhaust on the zx.

I went to Mirock this weekend. Out of the liter bikes, the gsxr1000's seemed to be the fastest in the streetbike class. While there were some s1000rr's running 8.9's there were many gsxr's running faster.

I read the article in Sport rider about the ECU flash for the ZX10, something in the neighborhood of 175 or so RWHP. Big thing with the 10R is it's electronic package. Reported to be head and shoulders above the BMW for smoothness of it's application.
If (when) I get a liter bike, it'll probably be a 10R or possibly a CBR1000 given a good enough deal.

Thake a look at the new BMW H4. It's based on the S1000RR, has active suspension and is even lighter. It also has some updated electronics. Supposed to be wicked quick!!

Thake a look at the new BMW H4. It's based on the S1000RR, has active suspension and is even lighter. It also has some updated electronics. Supposed to be wicked quick!!
yea its supposed to be like $20k. probably worth every penny tho.

BMW S1000RR HP4 Review - The most capable sportbike ever built? - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I would end up going for the zx10 if it could get flashed and hang right with the bmw an extra 3k or so that I would save would make for some nice upgrades like electric shift and exhaust

I love my Busa and my also love my ZX10R because they make just as many aftermarket mods as they do for the Busa.:thumbsup:

I think it all comes down to which bike feels more comfortable for you. 20hp means jack if you aren't comfortable riding it.

I think it all comes down to which bike feels more comfortable for you. 20hp means jack if you aren't comfortable riding it.

Agreed, also is there a BMW dealership nearby because I know some places that wont touch a european bike so that could play a factor too :whistle:

Agreed, also is there a BMW dealership nearby because I know some places that wont touch a european bike so that could play a factor too :whistle:

And the exact opposite is what puts the Beemer pretty well out of the question for me. The nearest BMW bike dealer (and they don't usually even stock an S1000RR, order only) is 100+ miles away, down in Arkansas. Next nearest place is 150 miles away.
Kawi dealership is 12 miles from my house, with 2 more within 30 miles.

I normally don't like asymmetry in a motorcycle but somehow BMW seems to make it work. I still can't get over seeing some bikes thet have the high beam on one side and the low beam on the other. It looks like one is burned out. Funny post though!

I must be in the minority here, since the BMW is sexy! The ZX10 is the fugly one! :beerchug:

well, the ZX-10 is definately a well built proven bike but its tiny. the BMW at least looks like a superbike vs. a minibike.....:whistle: but finding a BMW dealer for many within driving distance will be difficult for many. but then again, ZX-10's are a dime a dozen which is why there is a Kawi dealer on every corner.

Back