Liter Bike Ergo's vs. Hayabusa

JrGMan

Registered
I was wondering if anyone wants to offer an opinion on the degree of pressure that is exerted on your wrists on either a Yamaha R-1 or Honda CBR1000 vs. the Hayabusa. I like my 'Busa just fine but can't ignore the tremendous deals available on '07 liter bikes. The higher pegs of the liter bikes don't concern me but I already get wrist discomfort on the 'Busa and hate to find out the hard way that it is worse on either of the above bikes...thanks in advance.
lurk.gif

It's hard for me to say...I love my Buas and my GSXR 750, but the majority will say the Busa is more comfortable
beerchug.gif
I'm lucky to have my matching set!!!

P1020403.JPG

The ergos on the busa are more upright Also You can raise the bars with riders or heli bars . You can also cut the seat ( Tobin seat ) and lower the pegs . I have a bad wrist also and the only problem I have is in alot of bumper to bumper traffic. I sit almost upright on my bike with the mods listed.

smaller.jpg

I have an 04 CBR 1000rr and the bars are lower than the Busa with almost the same reach to the bars. I have done several 500 mile days on it but I can tell you it's the seat that sucks the most. My 2007 GSXR 1000 has an almost ideal sportbike set up with a short reach to the bars and a decent seat plus being thin exaggerates the roominess of the seating position. Don't let the seating position fool you though, even if they seem comfortable, none of the 1000's come close to Busa comfortable.

Many things can be done to change the position of your bars on a busa... i'm short (5' 6") and i have 3/4 inch reaper risers and heli bars on my bike. The riding position for me is perfect. I've sat on liter bikes and notice right away that it is uncomfortable. You lean over foward alot more on those than you do on a busa.
These are pics i just took but it gives you the idea anyway...

IMG_0970.jpg

IMG_0969.jpg

Without a doubt, the Busa's egro are better
thumb_up.gif
. If your having trouble on the Busa, you'll soon HATE  
cursin.gif
the aggressive 1000's seat/wrist relationship. And don't even try riding a Ducati
sad.gif

Wrap your wrists.

I have old wrist wraps from my powerlifting days. I wrap'em prior to riding, just not super tight, just snug enough to provide some support.

Makes a big difference.
smile.gif

Next time you're riding consentrate on pulling your elbows in, towards the tank, and try not to sit so upright. That's what someone told me a while ago, and it seems to work, for me.

The guy I ride with has an R-1, and I love it !! I've never been on it longer than a half hour, or so. I like the way the 1000's feel, their bars feel alot closer. Again O never did any long trips.

If your uncomfortable on the busa, a 1000 will be almost unridable for you after a short ride. We have a 1000 cc bike at the dealership I work at. I took it out for a short spin and that is all I needed to know that I couldn't stand more than about 30 min. on that bike. I can stay on the busa all day long!

Back