Liter Bikes

shenoyp

Hayabusa Master Jedi
Donating Member
Registered
I have been seeing couple of threadson this board, debating the Liter bike HP figures... So here is my contribution (Source: BIKE UK) -

Bike BHP Torque

Aprilia RSV-R 118 67
Ducati 999 R 126 72
Honda CBR1000RR 149 75
Kawasaki ZX10 R 150 76
MV Agusta 1000 F4 S 149 73
Suzuki GSXR 1000 K5 159 80
Triumph 955i Daytona 127 66
Yamaha YZF-R1 152 72

...And in comparison, The King ...

Suzuki Hayabusa 156 95

biggrin.gif

Okay, for the millionth time, these numbers are fuggin irrelevant. The only people who care about this $hit are bench racers, who don't really want to race, they just wanna talk. We can discuss, argue and fight about who has the most horsepower, torque or top speed, once the light goes green, it makes no difference. I don't care who has the best numbers, I care about the guy in the other lane. If I got a 400hp beast and he's got a scooter, if I screw up, he can win. That's all that matters to me, I HATE LOSING!!! Power numbers don't fugging matter

<!--EDIT|Mr Brown
Reason for Edit: None given...|1116466524 -->

Damn got to think about this.. that Suzuki 1K is impressive do not get me wrong on the busa not being but wow 2 Suzuki bikes that are awsome...

Okay, for the millionth time, these numbers are fuggin irrelevant. The only people who care about this $hit are bench racers, who don't really want to race, they just wanna talk. We can discuss, argue and fight about who has the most horsepower, torque or top speed, once the light goes green, it makes no difference. I don't care who has the best numbers, I care about the guy in the other lane. If I got a 400hp beast and he's got a scooter, if I screw up, he can win. That's all that matters to me, I HATE LOSING!!! Power numbers don't fugging matter
I like your way of thinking except for the part about the guy in the other lane this is what happens when trying to beat the guy in the other lane

beating the guy in the other lane

I have been seeing couple of threadson this board, debating the Liter bike HP figures... So here is my contribution (Source: BIKE UK) -

Bike                           BHP                             Torque

Aprilia RSV-R                   118                                  67
Ducati 999 R                    126                                  72
Honda CBR1000RR           149                                  75
Kawasaki ZX10 R              150                                  76
MV Agusta 1000 F4 S       149                                   73
Suzuki GSXR 1000 K5       159                                  80
Triumph 955i Daytona      127                                  66
Yamaha YZF-R1                152                                 72

Suzuki Hayabusa             156                                   95

biggrin.gif
should have put RPM numbers where do they make that certain power

well, numbers help a lot.

Don't you think it still give you the advantage?

Are you saying I should bother with mods since I am a better rider than most of you
poke.gif
race.gif

Are you saying I should bother with mods since I am a better rider than most of you  
poke.gif

race.gif
i want to see proof time slips and vids

Ultimately today's machines are so close in nature and I definitely understand where Mr. Brown is coming from. I'm not saying it's the case with this thread by any means, but it's primarily posers who get most concerned about numbers for bragging rights. However, without the numbers there is no way to lineup a true comparison. I could be one of the best riders on 2wheels, but if I line up with some just as good with 10 more ponies and 20 extra torque, well advantage other rider. I see both sides in the thread however. Good info, but when on the street you never know what someone has under the trunk unless he/she is a close friend, so magazine numbers go out the window.

Ultimately today's machines are so close in nature and I definitely understand where Mr. Brown is coming from.  I'm not saying it's the case with this thread by any means, but it's primarily posers who get most concerned about numbers for bragging rights.  However, without the numbers there is no way to lineup a true comparison.  I could be one of the best riders on 2wheels, but if I line up with some just as good with 10 more ponies and 20 extra torque, well advantage other rider.  I see both sides in the thread however.  Good info, but when on the street you never know what someone has under the trunk unless he/she is a close friend, so magazine numbers go out the window.
being so close in #'s is not everything, alot has to do with the rider and his/her skill. But you will always have the bragger my bike has 10 more horses than your Busa ect.... I like hidding what I have.. rather than a dump pipe to scream HEY IT'S TURBO I rather have a 4 into 1 or 4 into Y into 2 Exhaust... and you will never know whats their, why advertise or brag... busa name does all that... But the Busa being top dog is not always why one buys it. some just like it for looks as shallow as that is... to liking it cause it feels right and all... Or just plan prefference...

Are not the number a bit fixed I thought the busa varies some what as well as others do too??? not all bikes ect... are perfect 156 95 as it put Busa or whatever bike...

Bike                           BHP                             Torque

Aprilia RSV-R                   118                                  67
Ducati 999 R                    126                                  72
Honda CBR1000RR           149                                  75
Kawasaki ZX10 R              150                                  76
MV Agusta 1000 F4 S       149                                   73
Suzuki GSXR 1000 K5       159                                  80
Triumph 955i Daytona      127                                  66
Yamaha YZF-R1                152                                 72

Suzuki Hayabusa             156                                   95

biggrin.gif
Thanks for sharing, I am sure any bike in that list is more that capable of bringing some serious #### eating grins to its handler.

I'll just point out that the Busa is still the displacement king so it does not have to work as hard to put out the same HP and more torque as the R1000.

Go read @ GSX-R1000, ZX10R forums and you will read more than a few posts of less than perfectly happy owners...especially the 10R. No bike is perfect, stock anyways.
smile.gif

Wow, the Gixxer 1000 has 3 more HP than the Hayabusa. Although I know these numbers don't matter much, ya gotta admit, that's pretty impressive for a liter bike.

Now as for torque, HAH, call the 'Busa the "ginger bread man" ... figure it out.

Ultimately today's machines are so close in nature and I definitely understand where Mr. Brown is coming from.  I'm not saying it's the case with this thread by any means, but it's primarily posers who get most concerned about numbers for bragging rights.  However, without the numbers there is no way to lineup a true comparison.  I could be one of the best riders on 2wheels, but if I line up with some just as good with 10 more ponies and 20 extra torque, well advantage other rider.  I see both sides in the thread however.  Good info, but when on the street you never know what someone has under the trunk unless he/she is a close friend, so magazine numbers go out the window.
being so close in #'s is not everything, alot has to do with the rider and his/her skill. But you will always have the bragger my bike has 10 more horses than your Busa ect.... I like hidding what I have.. rather than a dump pipe to scream HEY IT'S TURBO I rather have a 4 into 1 or 4 into Y into 2 Exhaust... and you will never know whats their, why advertise or brag... busa name does all that... But the Busa being top dog is not always why one buys it. some just like it for looks as shallow as that is... to liking it cause it feels right and all... Or just plan prefference...
That's exactly what I'm saying, that because the numbers are so close there is no definitive dominant bike anymore because it ALWAYS is going to come down to the following:

1. Rider skill
2. Mods
3. Rider weight

Also what good is it to brag that a bike has 10 more horses, but you're constantly looking at the other bikes tail light? Not saying it's you and it's not me either, but some (whether they admit it or not) may experience this often whether on a Busa, zx10, zx12 or modded blackbird. My point is bragging is only that unless it can be backed up by competitive riding. Just my .02.

BD

poke.gif
race.gif
i want to see proof time slips and vids
I said most of you...
...you might be the exception
biggrin.gif

Where's the ZX-12 R....The busa'a closest competition.

I'm not that big on the numbers either, but I saw some corrected numbers HP and TQ in the May edition of Sport Rider for the CBR1000RR, ZX-10R, GSX-R1000 and YZF-R1. All I know is that I want to get out and ride!
biggrin.gif

Back