Liter's Bailed

SnapAttack

Donating Member
Registered
Met for a group ride this morning. TxBusa05LE and I only one's representing the clan. Had one repeat guest (Kawasaki) and 3 of his buddy's on liters. Thought to myself as I pulled up that I better have my "A" game on as we all know a Busa can't carve
winkold.gif
. Anyway, let them know that we all ride our own ride and I don't expect anyone to speed up or slow down for anyone, just have your fun and keep your space. We decide to head N on Blanco from 1604 then 46 to 281 (about 15 miles) and top off at Exxon.

Well, I'm moving along... not flying... just warming things up for about 3 miles and open her up a bit on the flats just to see how I pull from the group and slow down a little to let them catch up. Now we're past Spetch's (local bike hang) and hitting the 20 mph switches. After the first 4 I look back and everyone was gone... oh wait... not yet... here they come. So we come on the second set with 2 of the 4 tighter on my line, throw her back and forth, looked back and thought I was alone... oh, wait. Here they come.

Make it to Exxon and 2 of the 4 bail down 281 and don't even stop. The 2 that do (Ellie and his bud, sorry I don't remember your name) do a courtesy stop and say they are going to bail. Buddy was trying to come up with reasons why and finally said it was nothing against the agressive nature of the ride, that he appreciated it, they were just more into local cruising thing for an hour or so.
wtf.gif
Don't get me wrong... i have nothing against any of them but what did you expect??? I'm on a Busa
muscle.gif

BTW - TxBusa05LE had a great ride to Boerne (car show going on). Thanks for making it out bro and helping to represent.

Good for them to know thier limits and not push it.

Ride your Ride
beerchug.gif

Good for them to know thier limits and not push it.  

Ride your Ride
beerchug.gif
Yeah, I know. I'm not knocking the way they wish to ride. Thing is, if I were invited to a ride and met new peeps I would at least stop at the station we're topping off and say leter and/or thank you for letting me join... something. And before the ride I wouldn't make comments like "bet you average 120 in the straights" or "too bad it's a long wheelbase". Don't get me wromg... seemed like nice guys but c'mon... where's the commen courtesy???

I have bailed on rides that looked like they were destined to disaster... (or someone is pushing too hard)

I hate unhappy endings and have seen too many..

If it was one or two but everyone? Could be your idea of "warming up" was more than they cared for?

I have bailed on rides that looked like they were destined to disaster... (or someone is pushing too hard)

If it was one or two but everyone?   Could be your idea of "warming up" was more than they cared for?
Trust me Bro Snap and the rest of the Crew that try and ride on the weekend here in Texas try and make every ride a safe one. Right on Snap I feel ya Bro they could have siad something to you just to be curtious but that is how some people roll. See ya on the one of the next rides.
winkold.gif

If it was one or two but everyone?   Could be your idea of "warming up" was more than they cared for?
I hear you. That has happened to me once so far. Me on my Busa and the other guy on a Triumph Daytona. I like goin as fast as most people but swerving around traffic going 140 just isn't my cup of tea. I kept up with him, to let him know I and the bike could. BUt about 4 or 5 miles later at the gas station told him I wasn't in to risking my life and somebody else's.
Later I thought about it and I bet the people in the cages thought we both were crazy.

Today was a pretty windy day up here. My buddy on his 600RR kept falling way behind. I could come to a stop sign and sit there going where is he? Oh, there he is...

He's like dude, the wind is throwing me all over. Ha, there's another plus for the busa, the weight
smile.gif

I recently rode with a pack of 600's and they were splitting between cars at 90-110 on the freeway, I just tagged behind and didn't disrespect other motorists like they did....then we hit the mountains with no cars....just twisties, I got to the coffee shop, helmet off, jacket off, key in pocket, they then ride up! The whole lunch was spent talking about how fast Busas are....what's wierd is that I was riding that, you know, 80% sport touring pace, hitting the apexes, driving out, but not knee down stuff by a long shot...oh well, remember that old saying, "one man's ceiling is another man's floor".
I'm not bragging, just talking at the level of many org members! Raydog

Img_9404_Doyle_1000.jpg

Sometimes it's better to show them they way if you're not riding over your head. A few times I've played with other sport bike groups only to have them ride like squidly idiots and do things like charge hard from corner to corner, but jam the binders at every corner like they threw out an anchor! Not to mention putting everyone else's lives on the line.

Yeah, I know. I'm not knocking the way they wish to ride. Thing is, if I were invited to a ride and met new peeps I would at least stop at the station we're topping off and say leter and/or thank you for letting me join... something. And before the ride I wouldn't make comments like "bet you average 120 in the straights" or "too bad it's a long wheelbase". Don't get me wromg... seemed like nice guys but c'mon... where's the commen courtesy???
I didn't quite get it until I saw the trash they were talking before the ride....

But quite rude to motor by without saying they are leaving the group. Whatever. To each his own.

On the two rides I've been with the NC guys, it's been a great ride...
ThumbsUp.gif

Anybody that has ridden with us down in the South knows we like to address safety as number 1. Read my threads under Tx meets and you'll see it's a priority. That's what I don't get and felt it just came down to commen courtesy. I am not as fast as some in the group but like to throw her around. I also ride with my fatherinlaw with his Harley buddies. I just like to ride. I made the Exxon a good stop point early into the ride so I could check and see how the pace was for them. Heck... I would have been happy following the pace as well which i did with TxBusa05LE. Anyway, thanks for letting me vent a bit...

beerchug.gif

sounds like good ridin' on your part.

i rode today, all alone and loved it.

enjoy the ride.
beerchug.gif

Anybody that has ridden with us down in the South knows we like to address safety as number 1. Read my threads under Tx meets and you'll see it's a priority. That's what I don't get and felt it just came down to commen courtesy. I am not as fast as some in the group but like to throw her around. I also ride with my fatherinlaw with his Harley buddies. I just like to ride. I made the Exxon a good stop point early into the ride so I could check and see how the pace was for them. Heck... I would have been happy following the pace as well which i did with TxBusa05LE. Anyway, thanks for letting me vent a bit...

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
keep doing what you been doing Snap all that have ridden with you and the rest of the crew know that is what we are all about safty and RESPECT. I will ride with you any day of the week compared to some of the other squids out there.
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

...I agree our Texas rides are "saftey" first...followed by a close "fun" for second.
beerchug.gif

Snap I think you are really honing your skills to a razor's edge on those Hill Country roads.
beerchug.gif

I recently rode with a pack of 600's and they were splitting between cars at 90-110 on the freeway, I just tagged behind and didn't disrespect other motorists like they did....then we hit the mountains with no cars....just twisties, I got to the coffee shop, helmet off, jacket off, key in pocket, they then ride up! The whole lunch was spent talking about how fast Busas are....what's wierd is that I was riding that, you know, 80% sport touring pace, hitting the apexes, driving out, but not knee down stuff by a long shot...oh well, remember that old saying, "one man's ceiling is another man's floor".
I'm not bragging, just talking at the level of many org members!    Raydog
Your bragging, Ive seen you ride
rofl.gif

Maybe they didn't want you to hurt yourself trying
to make that Busa carve corners or their egos wouldn't
let them stop after they talked trash before the ride.

I don't know how many times at bike nights, or in shop parking lots I hear the 600, and 1000 guys talk about the Busa being a parking lot Queen, "That's why everyone mods the crap out of them, stretch it, and chrome it, becuase you can't ride it". But when they run into someone that can ride, they say "what do you expect, it's a Busa, who couldn't fly on a 1300". I don't get it ?

SNAP, if you were in your limits, I say GOOD ON YAH !!!!!!!!!!!

I think the gist of this is: if the pace was too much, the guys shoulda at least stopped and said something about, man up, ya know?

There's absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to ride at a more chill pace, but don't just blow the guy off and drive past.

Regardless, I tend to do all my riding alone or with my wife. I been part of way too many group rides where bad **** happened and, not to knock anyone at all, I just don't want to be part of it anymore.

I would however love to get back on a track, it's been a long time.

BTW, I know those roads well, man. That's my commute.
smile.gif

I go I-10 N > 1604 East > Blanco N > Spect Road > Obst Road > Bulverde Road > 1863 to 281N > FM306 20 miles to home.

That's my ride home 4 days a week.
biggrin.gif

Problem is I'm night shift, so I'm doing it at 9am after being up for 11hrs. So I usually ride at a pretty safe but "enjoyable" pace.

Right now I hate my tires (some crappy Continentals) so I don't feel good leaning it way over as it is. The guy I bought it from flat spotted the rear pretty bad. I just want to burn them out and get everything I can out of'em before I shell out for new ones.

Back