Anybody Riding Today

SnapAttack

Donating Member
Registered
I decided to take off and ride. Dropping off the kids and will check in about an hour.

Time: 10:00
Place: Exxon at 46/281

Sorry Bro some of us have to work, but hey tear up the road. You should do your dampner, and test it on Sunday. You will definitely feel the difference.

Drink lots of water, because it will be a scorcher today!

(quipuah @ Aug. 10 2007,07:08) Sorry Bro some of us have to work, but hey tear up the road.  You should do your dampner, and test it on Sunday.  You will definitely feel the difference.  

Drink lots of water, because it will be a scorcher today!
Damper... I know... I know...

Gonna knock it out when I get my SS Lines from group buy.

I'll have to search for the mod link as well.

Later... I'm riding.
eek2.gif

Tools/Parts
1. 1/4 in ratchet w/14 mm socket
2. 6mm allen wrench
3. 10mm torx bit wrench
4. 1/2in or 14mm open end wrench ( to hold the top nut in place while you unscrew the bottom )
4. Drain pan
5. Empty water bottle 1ltr cut the top off.
6. Mobil 1 75-90wt oil.

Procedures:
1. Take the access panel for the lights of so you can get to the steering dampner.
2. Using the 14mm socket and ratchet take of the bottom nut. ( if it does not come out and spins, this is when you need the open wrench at the top to hold the bolt in place while you take of the bottom nut)
3. Use the 6mm allen wrench to unscrew the center nut, and remove dampner
4. With the 10mm torx bit wrench, remove the fill bolt.
5. With dampner over drain pan, pump dampner a couple of times until old oil is removed, be careful not to get into eyes because it may overspray.
6. Fill water bottle with 90wt oil.
7. Insert dampner into oil, and draw oil into fill tube, do this a couple of times until you see no air.
8. When done tighten fill nut.

Repeat reverse installation order, and take bike out for test. This mod should only take 30 mins or so. You can have this out of the way while you wait on your brake lines. If you have this done before Sunday, you will see what I mean when we hit the twisties.

If you have any questions, give me a call.

(quipuah @ Aug. 10 2007,12:34) Tools/Parts  
1. 1/4 in ratchet w/14 mm socket
2.  6mm allen wrench
3.  10mm torx bit wrench
4.  1/2in or 14mm open end wrench ( to hold the top nut in place while you unscrew the bottom )
4.  Drain pan
5.  Empty water bottle 1ltr cut the top off.
6.  Mobil 1 75-90wt oil.

Procedures:
1.  Take the access panel for the lights of so you can get to the steering dampner.
2.  Using the 14mm socket and ratchet take of the bottom nut.  ( if it does not come out and spins, this is when you need the open wrench at the top to hold the bolt in place while you take of the bottom nut)
3.  Use the 6mm allen wrench to unscrew the center nut, and remove dampner
4.  With the 10mm torx bit wrench, remove the fill bolt.
5.  With dampner over drain pan, pump dampner a couple of times until old oil is removed, be careful not to get into eyes because it may overspray.
6.  Fill water bottle with 90wt oil.
7.  Insert dampner into oil, and draw oil into fill tube, do this a couple of times until you see no air.
8.  When done tighten fill nut.

Repeat reverse installation order, and take bike out for test.  This mod should only take 30 mins or so.  You can have this out of the way while you wait on your brake lines.  If you have this done before Sunday, you will see what I mean when we hit the twisties.

If you have any questions, give me a call.
No excuses now, huh.

Thanks for the tips.
See you Sunday... that is if I don't feel the 170 miles I did today... lol

I did that mod last week and what a differance, you will love it. It took me about 30 min. and I was out riding!  
beerchug.gif

Back