A little apprehensive

paistes5

Registered
I decided to ride the busa to work today and managed to get off early. I decided to head over to Mt. Cheaha since it was a nice day. This is really the first time hitting the twisties since the accident a couple of months ago. Talk about pucker. I've ridden this road many times with no probs, but today was different.

I'm trying to get that groove back by starting slow, not riding with friends and slowly increasing my confidence again. Anybody else go through the same thing after an accident? Funny thing is, my accident happened when I wasn't riding twisties, just met an SUV at an unfortunate time.

I'm trying to get that groove back by starting slow, not riding with friends and slowly increasing my confidence again.  Anybody else go through the same thing after an accident?  
Yes and I freaked myself out more than once. All I can say is take it slow and work yourself back up to where you were. Every now and then I still pucker but that just helps keep me in check.
Good luck

I ride dirt as well. Whenever I have an accident or a "pucker moment", it takes me a bit of crusing to get back up to speed. Fret not young grasshopper, you are perfectly normal!
smile.gif

Yep. Went from total confidence to feeling like I was starting all over again.
sad.gif

I crashed hard in some twisties and when I got back on my Busa again it was total apprehension. It's been 6 months since I wrecked and I'm a lot more confident but it definitely takes time to get back where you were.

Hey, not to jack yer thread or nothin' but are they done messin' with the friggin' roads on Cheaha yet? Last time me & Pimpbike hit Cheaha they were workin' on puttin' down a fresh coat of tar and chips. We had to creep up the last few miles or so to the top due to the loose gravel. Got a fuggin' rock chip on my nose fairing that day.
mad.gif
We sort of spanked the lower half of the parkway though.
wink.gif

I'm ready to go back but not until they're done with the loose gravel thing.

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1072884756 -->

They finished with the roadwork, but at the top there is still a lot of gravel still on the road. I think I'd wait a couple of months before heading back there to make sure it's all clean.

Cool. Thanks for the report. They need to get out there and sweep those twisties before spring!
biggrin.gif
Maybe we could meet up over there sometime in the coming riding season?
rock.gif

That pucker factor after crashing is tougher than starting over. When your just starting you know you have a lot to learn and its easy to take it slow. When your coming off a crash even the most basic things seem difficult. Which can be very frustrating.

Back