Joined the ranks of the Criminal Speeders...

Man that sucks! My wife would kill me... Revive me and then kill me again. Nice little racket they have going on.

Yes $588 each rider!
FBI Entry, since it is a "criminal offense" normally they are logged into the FBI Database, even as silly as a traffic ticket, which in my occupation would force either an unexpected need for a job, or minimal need to find a new job within my career field (Army).
LEO was actually cool as he could be about it, now if he hadn't called in a "high speed pursuit" and had 10 others waiting for us at every exit, then he could've let up some, but I dont blame him. Ticket indicates 107mph (65mph zone)....luckily we were slowing down as we approached the intersection area (populated) of I-10, earlier we were, well, cruising right along
smile.gif

I will simply plea no-contest and have it over with....is it $588 yes, but Arizona does not give any doubt to motorcyclists (wish I had known that before), lawyer cost more than the fine, and then court fee's if I lose, besides I will take a 107 over 157 and reckless any day....no problem admitting when I fubar'd my mod account
sad.gif

Although he was cool about it, not writing reckless (immediate revocation of license without question) and a few other things (some are inclusive of the speed, but some aren't) I wont be sending him any Christmas cookies or donuts
firedevil.gif

I got a number in my pocket...supposedly the attorney on the other end will get you out of any speeding ticket for $175. Guy I know used it twice (old man, and I mean OLD man, in a nitrous Camaro) and swears by him.

Haven't had personal experience yet, thank God and pray I don't.

OUCH!! That is my luck for sure! Havn't been pulled over YET! That really stinks! Out for a nice ride and WHAM! Day over!! Good luck with the wifey!!

Sucks that Az has so many Troopers at there disposal to chase down bikes.
Hard hit to take paying the man instead of buying tires or something.

(CAT3 @ Oct. 02 2006,06:11) Yes $588 each rider!
FBI Entry, since it is a "criminal offense" normally they are logged into the FBI Database, even as silly as a traffic ticket, which in my occupation would force either an unexpected need for a job, or minimal need to find a new job within my career field (Army).
LEO was actually cool as he could be about it, now if he hadn't called in a "high speed pursuit" and had 10 others waiting for us at every exit, then he could've let up some, but I dont blame him. Ticket indicates 107mph (65mph zone)....luckily we were slowing down as we approached the intersection area (populated) of I-10, earlier we were, well, cruising right along
smile.gif

I will simply plea no-contest and have it over with....is it $588 yes, but Arizona does not give any doubt to motorcyclists (wish I had known that before), lawyer cost more than the fine, and then court fee's if I lose, besides I will take a 107 over 157 and reckless any day....no problem admitting when I fubar'd my mod account
sad.gif

Although he was cool about it, not writing reckless (immediate revocation of license without question) and a few other things (some are inclusive of the speed, but some aren't) I wont be sending him any Christmas cookies or donuts
firedevil.gif
Lawyers may cost more than the court fees and fine, but the cost of the Attorney will be NOTHING compared to what your insurance company is going to do you...

I'd find a Good lawyer... chance are good that the LEO does NOT have all his ducks in a row, probably some holes in the report and process that could be all you need to have the whole thing lobbed out.

Dang... I am planning a ride into Souther Arizona this coming November. Going come across from New Mexico for a few days. Thanks for the heads up... guess I'll be doing 75mph on I-10 or maybe find a different route in.
What are they giving for 80mph?

mad.gif

What an absolute cash grab!

They say they are making the roads safer for others.
- I say Bull. Assuming you weren't drinking or endangering others, and had safe stopping distances, they shouldn't be able to do this.

What part of "protect and serve" is this?
- Protecting thier own existance and budget and serving themselves.

This kind of thng really gets under my skin. Every day a kid goes missing, or some perv does something to a minor, or a murder is commited. These are real and heinous crimes that deserve attention, not speeding in a rural zone where the only possible Victim is the participtant.

just my .02

That sucks ...But it's worse here in FL ...I got a ticket for Racing on the Highway and i got it in a Mall Parking lot !!! Fine starts at 1000 and one year loss of your DL .. I have a Lawyer 500 bucks to start ... The officer wrote me said he never saw the bike or me , he just heard me doing something ....At the time i was selling the bike to a guy from out of state and he had just made it into town ..We meet at a parking lot and made the deal .. I fired the bike up and drove it into his trailer and thats it !!! It does have a Muzzy open meg and it's loud ...My Lawyer feels it will be dropped before trial by the DA ... But it still going to cost me 500+ bucks for nothing!!
pissed.gif

To bad man. I might be checking on that "won't go into the nat. computor" thingy. Radar unit caled at beginning of shift?? There are some sites about these things. I might spend a few dollars to ask my attorney a few questions. either way good luck.

Same thing happens in SMALL Towns. Ya get stopped, fine is also bail, pay and NO Court, NO Points reported, NO nothing happens except your deposit to the Local Towns Coffers ! Bad Deal cause if you go to Court in these small towns, YOU WILL LOSE  
argue.gif
! Best you can hope for even with an Attorney is Paid Fine, No Points reported and then Pay Attorney. And those Small Towns know it  
lurk.gif

I feel for ya, bro-just got nailed on sunday coming home from the Pumpkin Farm with the kids n Amy-forgot where the speed dropped down to 55 from 65, came around a bend and there he was...oink, oink.
SHOCKED.gif

got me for 74 in a 55, and op. after revocation...my fines are a lil less, but its like you say-they're only in it for the $$, it aint about keeping anybody "safe"...just keepin city/state funds rollin in.

"What's all this "FBI Entry" about thought the US was the land of the free."

Autobahn's... when it comes to speeding, that's the real land of the free! I really enjoyed my time on the autobahn! Octoberfest!
beerchug.gif

In the US, "the free" pay speeding tickets (as ironic as that may sound).
rant.gif

Back