Another N00b here to join the ranks

DSMandBusaLove

Registered
Hey everyone,
My name is Jonathan and I have been researching sportbikes for a while now and have decided on going with the busa, I am new to bikes however, so I have been told that it will kick my ass. I am not new to speed though, as I had a 1997 GSX that I modded to run mid 11's on the stock motor, not bad for a 2.0L engine that they continue to use through the evo's. Anyway, I have a lot of questions, and was hoping that you guys had something similiar to this FAQ we had back on the dsm boards where all the noobs could come and read and learn all the basics and beginning concepts of mods to do and how to do them. Also, anyone from the FL region, please give me some love, since I don't live in one of the big cities, it sux not having other enthusiasts to talk to for advice or help. Thanks.

Welcome aboard...Your gonna love the Busa...Just be patient with it...Check out the Technical Forum alot of your questions can be answered there...
evil.gif

welcome. I wish you wouldn't start on a busa if you are completely new to motorcycling, but it's your choice. just hate hearing about my beautiful bike falling over while stopped due to lack of experience. and it will be costly too! yes, there are a few here who started on a busa. some one on here said it best "You don't start out learning to drive in a race cat". Be careful, patient, take the MSF class, and don't hate yourself when you are pricing out a new side fairing and mirror. stuff happens.

It won't kick your butt, and speed has nothing to do with it. keep your head and ego in check and you'll be fine.
...and while I'm preaching, if you buy the bike go ahead and get full leathers/helmet/gloves/boots too. you can enjoy a bike a lot longer when you are not dead
smile.gif
Enjoy!

I'll be sure to use the utmost patience and not think I'm superman, I know I'm a newbie and won't go out there w/ an ego to start out, plus I'm def. going to use caution while riding this bike especially when comming to stops or in traffic, I will be attending that school definitely, but first I have to find out where the hell its @, as I am pretty sure theres not one in gainesville
sad.gif
(like I said small town). As for pics of the old car, sure...

totalled.jpg

Yeah ouch.....welcome aboard....be careful whatever ya buy...extra careful on any of the newer bikes....they're all very fast!!
Even the 600's are deep in the tens now with a decent rider.

I was running the AGP RS 49, and I hit 11.49 on my best run...I'll miss that car
sad.gif
 .....Ok, well enough about my old car. I've been surfing the technical forums and noticed what most of it is, but I am looking for the answers to diff types of questions, and since I don't want to fill up this board with questions you guys already know, is there a website you guys know of that tells new people like me how everything works and what the first things we should do if we start to mod? (No, I won't be modding this thing for at least a year if not more, and even at that, I'll just be wanting an intake and exhaust), but even so, I noticed that almost EVERYONE has a powerfc, I am familiar with the world of tuning, but not with the powerfc for a bike, I am also unsure of the functions of many parts on the bike, so as I said before, I'd love it if you guys had a sight you knew of where I could learn all this stuff, I'm not going to get this bike until I know as much about it/how it works as I can.

<!--EDIT|DSMandBusaLove
Reason for Edit: None given...|1105670760 -->

och.. glad you got to take the pic of the car.. looks like a pretty solid hit.

Thanks for the help and warm welcome, also, after reading your sticky thread about starting out on the busa...I realized what I should do, and that is buy a cheap smaller, lighter bike to learn on and then, after 4-5 months sell it (I'm going to basic training in July and won't get back til next February) b/c I'm going into the National Guard (special forces biatch), and then I will buy my busa. I have plenty of time to learn (most likely on a 600 or slightly smaller) and I will def take that class and again after I come back if I need to. BTW, I'm 22 so I'm not the typical teenager stereotype wanting to race err'body on the skreet, ya heard?

Welcome aboard.....choose wisely if this is your very first bike ever. Make sure you're going with the busa for the right reasons....

Thanks for the help and warm welcome, also, after reading your sticky thread about starting out on the busa...I realized what I should do, and that is buy a cheap smaller, lighter bike to learn on and then, after 4-5 months sell it (I'm going to basic training in July and won't get back til next February) b/c I'm going into the National Guard (special forces biatch), and then I will buy my busa. I have plenty of time to learn (most likely on a 600 or slightly smaller) and I will def take that class and again after I come back if I need to. BTW, I'm 22 so I'm not the typical teenager stereotype wanting to race err'body on the skreet, ya heard?
Sounds like you've got a good handle on it. Good luck with whichever bike you choose, and good luck with basic.

Monty

Back