Busa's are still special

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
So, my friend just spent $16,000 on his Harley, had it converted to a trike, they did a really nice job.

We both go for a breakfast ride Sunday, both with wives, my bone stock virgin silver Busa.

Have breakfast in Carthage, restaurant owner comes over, says "Who rides the silver Busa, that sure is a nice bike, just got a R1, sad I did not get a Busa."

My buddy: "Hey what about my Harley, do you want a return customer here?" We all laugh and the restaurant owner says. "Nice bike too sir :laugh:."

We finish breakfast and go outside, to find four LEO's standing around the Busa.

One says: "Who rides the silver bike?" Wifey: "I'm just the passenger, so don't put the handcuffs on me."

LEO laughs and says: "No, we are just here to make sure you guys are safe and can enjoy the pretty day. :laugh:. How fast does this thing go?"

Me: "It has a speed limiter, programmed to cut power at 55 mph." We all laugh and the one LEO says: "I think the older ones had no restriction"

The Harley gets no attention and after they all leave my buddy says: "I could see these are all crotch rocket guys."

Not sure I want that kind of special attention to my busa! :laugh:

Coincidentily, I was at a restaurant on Saturday with a group of friends (they are not riders). We notice a teenager taking picutures of my busa. One of my friends says: "Wow, you'd think that kid had never seen a Harley before...". I look at him and say: "The only thing that my bike and a Harley have in common is that their names both begin with 'H'."

great stories! unless you have been on a Busa and actually learned to ride it, you truly don't understand...most people are just going off the stories they have heard, we know the truth :beerchug:

i love the double takes i get when i walk out and climb on Lucy, most people take one look at me and automatically assume i ride a Harley...never have been one for fitting in the norm :laugh:

I think I paid $10,800 with a pipe and PC installed. I always park where I can see the bike. After 5 rough years she still gets the looks and comments. :thumbsup:

great stories! unless you have been on a Busa and actually learned to ride it, you truly don't understand...most people are just going off the stories they have heard, we know the truth :beerchug:

i love the double takes i get when i walk out and climb on Lucy, most people take one look at me and automatically assume i ride a Harley...never have been one for fitting in the norm :laugh:

I still think this is just a cover, your a Harley guy at heart. :laugh:

I think I paid $10,800 with a pipe and PC installed. I always park where I can see the bike. After 5 rough years she still gets the looks and comments. :thumbsup:
I got mine for a little less but it still get the looks as well no matter how many HD's are around :thumbsup:

Mine is all beat up (in looks of course, the engine is 100%) and still gets the attention of people wherever we go :thumbsup:

As many Busas that Suzuki has sold - it's still a drop in the bucket compared to the shear amount of look a like Harleys.

$18 k Harley's are truly a dime a dozen.

As many Busas that Suzuki has sold - it's still a drop in the bucket compared to the shear amount of look a like Harleys.

$18 k Harley's are truly a dime a dozen.

I'm glad I'm not waiting to buy a Harley when I finish school. lol. That's a looot of $$$. lol

I took my Busa on a poker run in October and was one of just two sport bikes. The rest were all Harleys. At every single stop somebody would talk my ear off, wanting to know all about the bike. It was a total hit, which totally surprised me. The coup de grace however was when one of them told me that it was far too loud and that I should consider riding at the back of the pack instead of the front. Never in a million years did I think that someone who rides an annoying sounding Hardley would think that anything on earth is too loud. Loud pipes save lives right? I guess he didn't like my Brock's sidewinder with no baffle in it haha.

I took my Busa on a poker run in October and was one of just two sport bikes. The rest were all Harleys. At every single stop somebody would talk my ear off, wanting to know all about the bike. It was a total hit, which totally surprised me. The coup de grace however was when one of them told me that it was far too loud and that I should consider riding at the back of the pack instead of the front. Never in a million years did I think that someone who rides an annoying sounding Hardley would think that anything on earth is too loud. Loud pipes save lives right? I guess he didn't like my Brock's sidewinder with no baffle in it haha.

What he meant was that your bike was far too loud for his bike to compete with and since he couldn't beat you in a race he wasn't sure how else to restore the size of his unit unless you were out of sight and out of earshot. :laugh:

The busa has and will continue to always get respect on the street :beerchug: From 8 year olds to 80 year olds I have gotten compliments about my busa

The busa has and will continue to always get respect on the street :beerchug: From 8 year olds to 80 year olds I have gotten compliments about my busa

I love that kind of attention and respect as well. BTW, I like your signature block. I tell people, my plane wasn't fast enough, so I bought a Busa.

I'm glad I'm not waiting to buy a Harley when I finish school. lol. That's a looot of $$$. lol

Oh, and that's a good price for a basic model, and as my buddies who have all started buying what they call baggers, HD charges a lot for every add on and they sale by the part not component. A side bag must have about 30 individual parts and as my buddies are finding out you must check the tightness of every bolt and screw at every stop.

And I learned on a recent trip to Fl. Don't ride behind them and collect little parts that fall off :laugh:

Back