Turnsignal bulbs on the 2005 models

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
I am not sure about the other years or when they changed them but the signal lamps on my 05 are a 7507 bulb. On Shibumi's 03 they are 1157s. Bought the silverstar signals for it tonight. Found Oreilly's open at 2130. Will post up some pics tomorrow.

Don

Don,
Did you change the sockets or did you buy 7507 silverstars? Also, make any headway with the shovel shaving? You know, since it was raining and all....
thumbs-up.gif
Let me know if there is any way I can help..

Shawn,

I bought the 7507 Silverstars.  Voltage and wattage are the same as the 1157s, just the damn posts are offset.  Nathan (pipefigher) sent me a set of silverstars for free (1157s) they are going to end up on Shibumi's scoot.

Don

<!--EDIT|usn04limited
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150602753 -->

Shawn,

I bought the 7507 Silverstars.  Voltage and wattage is the same as the 1157s, just the damn posts are offset.  Nathan (pipefigher) sent me a set of silverstars for free (1157s) they are going to end up on Shibumi's scoot.

Don
Yeah, I remember you posting that. Looking forward to new pics!

The "off" pics will be easy. The "on" pics a little harder. We have an old digi camera and there is a delay after you push the button. May take me a couple of times to get it right.

Don

The "off" pics will be easy.  The "on" pics a little harder.  We have an old digi camera and there is a delay after you push the button.  May take me a couple of times to get it right.

Don
Don't you got one o' dem new bikes with the parking lights?

The "off" pics will be easy.  The "on" pics a little harder.  We have an old digi camera and there is a delay after you push the button.  May take me a couple of times to get it right.

Don
Nope, no parking lights, or if there are, I haven't found the switch for them. I did notice this tho. The sockets are very easy to change. They have a quick disconnect plug in them.

Don

Don
Nope, no parking lights, or if there are, I haven't found the switch for them.  I did notice this tho.  The sockets are very easy to change.  They have a quick disconnect plug in them.

Don
Yep- once you twist the sockets out, all you have to do is pull the QD and you've got the whole thing in your hand.

As far as the parking lights. Look on your ignition lock. Turning the key to the left, you have to push the key in to lock, but the next position (to the left) is parking lights. Since mine is an '01, only the tail and plate lights come on, but I think after '03 the front lights come on also. Maybe not.

Don,

I had the same exact issue. I got some nice led's from pipe, but they didnt work out because of the socket issue. Do the Silverstar bulbs make much of a difference over stock for the 7507 size
rock.gif

Don,

I had the same exact issue. I got some nice led's from pipe, but they didnt work out because of the socket issue. Do the Silverstar bulbs make much of a difference over stock for the 7507 size
rock.gif
Valium,
As far as size goes, they are exactly the same size. You can replace the sockets, as I will probably have to do when I go to LEDs in the front. I found a set that I really like, they are a full board of LEDs and not the ones that are easy to find on ebay that have a chrome reflector and like 8 little clusters of LEDs. I would think the biggest PITA would be finding sockets with the Quick Disconnect plug like the one Zuki uses. I will probably just cut the QD off and solder/heat shrink a new socket on it. Anyway here is the link to pictures.

Don

Back