Autolumination and poor service! Be Warned!

We need to create a list of these types of vendors. I doubt it could be hosted here, but if we all come together as a group, perhaps these types of customer service issues will not be a problem. Sort of an Angie's List for Cycle parts.

I have had one of the short towers fail. I just wrote it off, I didn't even bother.
I still have it sitting on the shelve. The amber LEDs don't flash at all. It's not my wiring because it was working before and after I replaced the lamp unit...

John:

I understand that paying for it going back, but to be told they are not bad and it was something I did, was the upsetting part. I would pay for them to go back, but to have to pay for them to come back to me. Twice the shipping.....that is B.S.! I was sold a few bad parts and have a second order with them that is on its way ......hoping that I dont run into the same defective parts. Fingers crossed!
I was told the same thing...if they actually insist that it was your fault after they got them back,,then it would be war!

OK-

I have no idea what is wrong then.

The bulbs are simple.

The circuit you are trying to devise is complex and the vechilec circuits are even more complex.

All the bulbs needs is 12 volts connected to the right spots.....brutily simple. The bulbs just light up when the power is on and turn off when the power is off.

If the bulb is not lighting, then there is not 12 volts connected to the bulb or the wires are backwards. Thats really all there is to it.

Please just send it back and we will just refund you for it.

---- Tim Devlin <birdofprey97@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Chris:

I know what I am doing and you are failing to understand what is wrong so I will write it out the best I can.

One: I installed the your 1157 matrix bulbs into my brake lamps which take 1157 glass bulbs. They light up the Running/Brake lamp as well plate. I simply installed them and this is what I got. With the brake lamp switch depressed they both light up, but one is flickering and the other is dimmer then the one flicking. So I installed a set of local 1157 leds but the are red/red not great for my plate to be seen. and they work good. But to pass state inspection I had to install the glass 1157 bulbs instead.

Two:

I have 4 leds installed right now in my converted 1156 to 1157 setup marker lamp to turn signal conversion. I have a relay for led use and all works correct since I removed the defective bulb I got from you. If I install it it will lightly light up the turn signal indicator lamp, and cause what ever side I put it on not to work!

Third:

I have 14years of automotive experience and have a clue in electrical work!

Thanks You

Tim

Warbird why don't you just pick up the phone and call him and do away with the emails. Sometimes when you get someone on the phone they are more likely to work with you. It seems email can be our best and worst enemy.

I have had to send back stuff that wasn't right and had to pay shipping. That's the way it is. Hope it works out for you. Wardie

Wardie:

I know this about shipping back! I pay no problem! That isn't the issue. But to pay shipping twice for a defective part on their end and being insulted is the point. Poor customer service. I have sent back stuff too, it was the way it was done. You would be upset too. If you spent 2 nights doing the conversion and then trying to figure out that it was wrong! To find out it was a few bad bulbs! And then to be insulted that you have no clue what your doing!

Here is how it should of went down:

Sir I am sorry that you are having problems with the parts you are mentioning. Please send them back to us, and we will check them out to confirm your find. Then we will send you the bulbs you need! Please contact us if you have any more concerns!

Didnt get that!

This is the relay I used, which is the Omslaw mod. in the electrical section of this forum.

P1010006.jpg

P1010005.jpg

This is the goal I wanted after seeing Captains bike and Liquidysplits bike! Better rear visiblitly!

P1010001.jpg

P1010004.jpg

The reason why I am posting this is do to poor treatment as a customer. I am willing to pay for shipping to return these items and have them exchanged, but feel the vendor should cover the shipping charge back. Again, if you read my posted emails. The vendor has insulted me repeated times, when I truely know what I am doing and did the best to explain my problems with the parts I had bought from him. I will checking the other bulbs that I oedered before I send the bad bulbs I have back. I will pay shipping once. These videos I posted were to show Chris at Autolumination and you (hayabusa.org) my problems with the bad bulbs, since there was a question about my electrical work.

Thanks Jeff! I am waiting on the other bulbs I had ordered to get here. I will check them too, before I do anything. I did send Chris the links to the video's so he can see for himself that I am no idiot!:rulez:

Back