Signal lamp model number

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
I have a 05 LE.  Pipefighter was kind enough to send me a set of sylvania signals.  They won't fit.  The bulbs he sent me have the post directly across from each other.  The posts on my bulbs are offset.  They will fit Shibumi's 03 so that is where they are going.  Has anyone dealt with this?

TIA

Don

<!--EDIT|usn04limited
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150083746 -->

Don,
The sockets on my '01 are directly across as well. Could be that your sockets are different, but you could easily change them to match the straight across configuration, simply change the socket. I am curious though, are your bulbs and the sylvanias the same? I am wondering if the difference isn't your hazards... I don't think they started those until '04...
Just thinking out loud.

Don,
The sockets on my '01 are directly across as well.  Could be that your sockets are different, but you could easily change them to match the straight across configuration, simply change the socket.  I am curious though, are your bulbs and the sylvanias the same?  I am wondering if the difference isn't your hazards... I don't think they started those until '04...
Just thinking out loud.
If by the same you mean both single filament bulbs, yes. The only difference I can tell is the post positioning. I did notice when I pulled the bulb out of the bike. That "pigtail" that has the socket on it, just connects to the wiring harness via a plug. So I can get some other sockets to put in there.

Don

Back