Autolumination and poor service! Be Warned!

EarlyBird

Donating Member
Registered
There answer to my first email:

"Superlumination" <superlumination@cox.net>
Add sender to Contacts
To:
"Tim Devlin" <birdofprey97@yahoo.com>
Message contains attachments
autologo.gif (13KB)
HI Tim

Most likely, the problem is not the bulbs themselves. It is quite likely you simply need to add load equalizers to them to make them work correctly with your motorcycle.

With many flashers, leds will cause the turns signals to flash rapidly, or not flash at all.

If using leds for turn signal applications, or in vehicles with bulb-out warning systems, like Mercedes, BMW and others, you may need to add load equalizers.

Use two 6 ohm equalizers for two front, or two rear led turn signal bulbs.

If you have led turn signal bulbs in the front and rear (4 led turn signal bubs total), use two 3 ohm.

Place one load equalizer on each side. For turn signal led bulbs, the equalizer must be spliced across the - ground wire and the + turn signal wire feeding each led bulb.

More details on load equalizers can be found at:

906 Interior Lights

Tracy

For the best prices and selection on all automotive bulbs........

Please Visit our Website at: www.autolumination.com Tail Light Brake Light Turn Signal LED Bulbs

Thank you,

Chris Bacon

Email: superlumination@cox.net

My first email to them:

----- Original Message -----
To: superlumination@cox.net
Sent: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 1:11 AM
Subject: Ordered some leds from your site and have problems with the bulbs.

Hi:

I ordered a few led bulbs from you. I have a few of them that are not working like they should. I bought 2 1157 red/white matrix bulbs. And they both are not working properly. When applying the brake on my motorcycle, one flickers brighter while the other just gets slightly brigther. I also ordered 4 20 led tower amber 1157's too. One of the 3 is bad. It is causing my led flasher to not work properly. I removed the bad bulb from the system and everything works fine. Can you please send me some new bulbs that replace these defective bulbs. I just put in another order of close to 100 dollars and hope that my first purchase was just a spoof. I am part of a popular motorcycle board called hayabusa.org. I converted my non running lamp hayabusa in to a running lamp with turn signals and have been posting my conversion. I know this has brought business too you before and hope it brings more with my posting and pictures!

Thanks

Tim

757-773-7340

Their response to my 3rd email, because they ignored or failed to return the second one:

OK-

I doubt the bulbs are the problem.

You can return them. There is a 20% restocking/retesting fee on all electrical returns for refunds. All items must be received in as-new condition in order to receive the refund or exchange.

Any items may be exchange and will be credited at 100% of value, but the S&H charges for reshipping back to your will be charged. All items must be received back in as-new condition in order to receive credit.

A print of this email must be sent along with the returns in order to receive a refund or exchange.

Please mail it them back in a box via regular postal mail, with a print of this email:

Ctlumination – Returns

PO Box 1642

Higley, AZ 85236-1642

---- Tim Devlin <birdofprey97@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>
> --- On Tue, 5/12/09, Superlumination <superlumination@cox.net> wrote:
>
>
> From: Superlumination <superlumination@cox.net>
> Subject: Re: Ordered some leds from your site and have problems with the bulbs.
> To: "Tim Devlin" <birdofprey97@yahoo.com>
> Date: Tuesday, May 12, 2009, 10:08 AM
>
>
>
>
>
> HI Tim
>
> Most likely, the problem is not the bulbs themselves. It is quite likely you simply need to add load equalizers to them to make them work correctly with your motorcycle.
>
> With many flashers, leds will cause the turns signals to flash rapidly, or not flash at all.
>
> If using leds for turn signal applications, or in vehicles with bulb-out warning systems, like Mercedes, BMW and others, you may need to add load equalizers.
> Use two 6 ohm equalizers for two front, or two rear led turn signal bulbs.
> If you have led turn signal bulbs in the front and rear (4 led turn signal bubs total), use two 3 ohm.
> Place one load equalizer on each side. For turn signal led bulbs, the equalizer must be spliced across the - ground wire and the + turn signal wire feeding each led bulb.
> More details on load equalizers can be found at:
> 906 Interior Lights
>
> Tracy
>
> My follow up of the second email I didnt get: Third time... Lost me as a customer!
> Tracy:
>
> I have confirmed that the bulbs I have from you are defective. Please let me know how we can exchange them. I spent good money with you guys twice, and now worried if I encounter other bulb problems that I will be stuck with defective equipment purchased from you!
>
> Thank You!
>
> Tim
>
>

--
Thank You

Chris Bacon

Please Note: We now offer combined shipping on website orders only!

For the best prices and selection on all automotive bulbs........
Please Visit our Website at: www.autolumination.com Tail Light Brake Light Turn Signal LED Bulbs

Ebay ID: baconcc

Paypal ID (baconcc@yahoo.com)

Mail Payments to:

Chris Bacon
PO Box 1642
Higley, AZ 85236-1642

For rapid delivery, be sure to list colors and types for all orders along with payment.

The red/white matrix bulbs 1157s were for my 02 1k. I am only using them as brake/plate lamps and didnt make them into my turn signals either. When applying the brake switch, one of them flickers...and the other is dim, but brightens from the running light to brake light.

The other one is a bad 1157 20 led tower. Used another 1157 led to confirm it was the bulb and not my wiring job!

Would love too but after the email I got as listed above. What would it solve. I can send the bulbs back. I pay shipping....then wait on them to tell me there ok....if there honest. (The bulbs are bad!) And then have to pay shipping again to get them back. I would pay shipping one way, and them pay shipping back to me. I just want fair business! Instead I got treated like I P.O.S. in my opinion! So after 3 email and the same B.S. I figured I would post what I thought was wrong, and would hope others here do not get tried like this!

That is the way it is bro... I had to pay for shipping when I sent my defective out of the box cymbals for my Rockband set. It was either do that or have crap I couldn't use.

:rofl: Road Trip from Va to IL to Az!!! Just for some $40 dollars worth of bulbs.....That would make one hell of a movie! the 2 1157 matrix bulbs were $10 each and the 20 led tower was $15. Needless to say the time, money, versus getting upset about this is stupid. This was a n easy fix of send them back. I pay shipping. Confirmed there are bad! (In which they are!) They pay shipping and send them back to me! Fair is fair! Nothing was indicated in my emails from them about that. No I am responsible for them being bad, is how they wrote back to me!

John:

I understand that paying for it going back, but to be told they are not bad and it was something I did, was the upsetting part. I would pay for them to go back, but to have to pay for them to come back to me. Twice the shipping.....that is B.S.! I was sold a few bad parts and have a second order with them that is on its way ......hoping that I dont run into the same defective parts. Fingers crossed!

I hope you see my point in posting this! I am not happy with the service that I was recieved and want other to be fore warned! I use to be in the service industry and we treated customers better then this, even if it was a mistake on there part. We didnt assume anything until it was proven that the parts or service was wrong!

I'm surprised / saddened to hear this ---

I've dealt with Chris and Superlumination for several years and never had an issue.

Hope it turns out well for you :beerchug:

Dave

Dave:

Thanks for the good words about them! I did give them 3 tries to come up with a positive solution to this. I am an automotive technician of (14years) with 14years of electrical experience and felt insulted some what by there emails back. I thought I wrote up what I found and how I determined the problem to end up with the bulb being bad. I could make a video to show them, but figured it was a waste of time on my part and me running circles!

Gallery

Take a look at my ls6 383 conversion.... I had to re wire the whole car etc. Only had one issue with one wire of all the wiring and custom things I did to that car!

This was send to me just a few minutes AGO!!!!!!

> From: superlumination@cox.net <superlumination@cox.net>
> Subject: Re: You lost me and a few customers!
> Date: Thursday, May 14, 2009, 4:59 PM
> OK Tim-
>
> I know that when you just plug the switchback bulbs in to
> that vehicle they do not work. We are well aware of
> that, and have explained this on the website and in numerous
> emails.
>
> The problem here is simply that you do not know what you
> are doing, and refuse to listen to somebody who
> does.
>
> These are are just plug and play in some vehicles.
> You would have to learn how to do the installs,
> trouble-shooting and wires mods., before you sell
> these to customers. Once you understand the basic
> automotive turn signal circuit quirks it is really quite
> simple. You have to have load equalizers to make both
> bulbs work and they have to be installed properly.
> There are no short-cuts to a proper installation.
>
> If you want plug and play light bulbs like the ones you
> just screw into a table lamp, you will have to stick
> with the glass bulbs.
>
>
> ---- Tim Devlin <birdofprey97@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > To whom ever it concerns:
>
>
> Thanks you for your time. I will not do business again with
> you if this is how you are going to treat your customers.
> Your bulbs are the problem and I was looking to getting this
> resolved. I have confirmed this and can post a video if I
> have too! After the cost of shipping to you and then waiting
> on them, and then paying for shipping back. It ends up
> waiting my time and money. You lost me as a customer and a
> few others who were wanting to buy bulbs and sockets from
> you!
>
> Thanks
>
> Tim
>

I can send you the bulbs Chris! But they dont work properly, and I would feel bad to give some parts that are defective! You know me well enough not to do that to you!

This was send to me just a few minutes AGO!!!!!!

> From: superlumination@cox.net <superlumination@cox.net>
> Subject: Re: You lost me and a few customers!
> Date: Thursday, May 14, 2009, 4:59 PM
> OK Tim-
>
> I know that when you just plug the switchback bulbs in to
> that vehicle they do not work. We are well aware of
> that, and have explained this on the website and in numerous
> emails.
>
> The problem here is simply that you do not know what you
> are doing, and refuse to listen to somebody who
> does.
>
> These are are just plug and play in some vehicles.
> You would have to learn how to do the installs,
> trouble-shooting and wires mods., before you sell
> these to customers. Once you understand the basic
> automotive turn signal circuit quirks it is really quite
> simple. You have to have load equalizers to make both
> bulbs work and they have to be installed properly.
> There are no short-cuts to a proper installation.
>
> If you want plug and play light bulbs like the ones you
> just screw into a table lamp, you will have to stick
> with the glass bulbs.
>
>
> ---- Tim Devlin <birdofprey97@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > To whom ever it concerns:
>
>
> Thanks you for your time. I will not do business again with
> you if this is how you are going to treat your customers.
> Your bulbs are the problem and I was looking to getting this
> resolved. I have confirmed this and can post a video if I
> have too! After the cost of shipping to you and then waiting
> on them, and then paying for shipping back. It ends up
> waiting my time and money. You lost me as a customer and a
> few others who were wanting to buy bulbs and sockets from
> you!
>
> Thanks
>
> Tim
>