GROUP BUY ~ LED FRONT TURN SIGNAL BULBS~

DR1300R,  So if I understand you correctly, if you are useing an aftermarket tail and have removed your stock rear tail/brake signals, you are able to take those sockets and move them up front, simply plug and play, then add the 1157 bulbs with the signal mod?

Just want to make sure I'm correct before I order, seeings how I have the stock taillight assemblies just laying around somewhere.

<!--EDIT|mzrsq
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112757158 -->

Just ordered mine and they were a little cheaper than expected. $40.50 for the 2 x 1156 (Tower) Bulbs, 2 x 6 ohm equalizers and shipping. Can't beat that! Thanks again, Ice!

Thanks JD- now all I need is a set of clear lenses to go with my amber towers. Oh yeah, still gotta have a set of rears from you. I've seen others out there, but from what I've seen & heard, your's are the ones to have.

Finally got the pics of the LED's.

First pic is of various bulbs and LED bulbs available in the group buy. On the left are load limit equilizers (3 ohm) and (6 ohms) on the right. Much better quality than a radio shack 10 watt resistor. Stock clear filiment bulb, stock amber painted filiment bulb, clear LED's that illuminate in white and the other in amber.

post-12-76198-allbulbs.jpg

AMBER LED WHEN LIT.
NOTICE THE "PROTRUDING DEMPLES" ON EACH LED. THATS THE PART THAT ACTUALLY LIGHTS UP. MORE ON THE PROTRUSIONS AT THE END.

post-12-76233-amber_led.jpg

WHITE LED's WHEN LIT.
NOTICE DUE TO BRIGHTNESS AND WHITNESS YOU CANT EVEN MAKE OUT THE DEMPLES.

post-12-76263-white_led.jpg

AMBER FILIMENT WHEN LIT

post-12-76448-yellow_filiment.jpg

AMBER LED'S IN AMBER STOCK TURN SIGNAL HOUSING ON LEFT. WHITE LED'S IN AMBER STOCK TURN SIGNAL HOUSING ON RIGHT.
Amber LED on left has more amber look due to amber lens cover. White illuminates better/more but in a clear lens might be an issue.

post-12-76328-amber_vs_white.jpg

CLEAR FILIMENT BULB IN STOCK AMBER HOUSING ON LEFT.
WHITE LED BULB IN STOCK AMBER HOUSING ON RIGHT.

Stock bulb seemed "hotter" with hot spot in center but not really "brighter". LED has more even distribution of light but doesnt lack in brightness.

post-12-76402-white_vs_wht_led.jpg

There is a very minor modification needed to use the LED bulbs in the stock housing. The bulbs fit perfectly meaning the demples touch just preventing the LED to fit. Using a drill bit I made four small "bumps" into the hole where the demples lined up. Bulbs fit fine and mod has no effect on stock bulbs.

In my opinion the white LED's are def brighter. IF amber is needed due to legal issues the amber isnt too much dimmer especially in a clear lens where amber color is needed.

The power savings alone is very very nice.

The white LED's compared to a stock filiment clear and/or amber bulb actually gives off nearly the same amount of light. You can tell a difference but it isnt much.

In my case the power savings alone makes it worth it. Im doing the 1157 socket day time running light on a switch mod, so being able to leave these on without worries is enuff for me. LED's should last forever.

I have everything apart and have the ability to take any pictures anyone may want. POST UP!

JD

Contact Chris someone in shipping screwed up it looks like. Did you order thru the "GROUP BUY" forum on the "suzuki" page following the instructions on page one of the post? Or did you just goto the web site?

Either way. CONTACT CHRIS at the following email address.

superlumination@cox.net He has answered every one of my questions etc and seems like a good guy. He should set you straight. BTW he usually replies late in the evenings just so you know.

JD

Contact Chris someone in shipping screwed up it looks like.  Did you order thru the "GROUP BUY" forum on the "suzuki" page following the instructions on page one of the post?  Or did you just goto the web site?

Either way.  CONTACT CHRIS at the following email address.

superlumination@cox.net  He has answered every one of my questions etc and seems like a good guy.  He should set you straight.  BTW he usually replies late in the evenings just so you know.

JD
Thanks JD. Yup, I ordered them as instructed in this thread. I figured it was just an honest mistake. I'll contact him when I get outta here.

Got my bulbs, they're the right ones. Thanx Icemann for keeping us informed.

I contacted chris about the mistakes. He's not sure why it happened and didnt offer any excuses just said to contact him and they will make it right without any problems.

jD

Chris emailed back + he's taking care of it. It's all good.
What did he do for you? The basic ship 'em back and I'll send you the correct ones? That would be cool. He hasn't answered my e-mail yet..........
yeah - told him I got the matrix bulbs instead of the towers and he apologized and sent the towers the next day. (His 14 year old son who packed the boxes screwed up unfortunately...) I just mailed the bulbs back to him.

He's been pretty quick getting back to me; are you emailing him at superlumination@cox.net?

Chris emailed back + he's taking care of it. It's all good.
What did he do for you? The basic ship 'em back and I'll send you the correct ones? That would be cool. He hasn't answered my e-mail yet..........
yeah - told him I got the matrix bulbs instead of the towers and he apologized and sent the towers the next day. (His 14 year old son who packed the boxes screwed up unfortunately...) I just mailed the bulbs back to him.

He's been pretty quick getting back to me; are you emailing him at superlumination@cox.net?
Thats the address I used the last time, just tried it again. No problem, just want the correct bulbs & resistors. Thanks!

Back