GROUP BUY PHOTO's FOR LED's INSIDE!

ICEMANN

Registered
Finally got the pics of the LED's.

First pic is of various bulbs and LED bulbs available in the group buy. On the left are load limit equilizers (3 ohm) and (6 ohms) on the right. Much better quality than a radio shack 10 watt resistor. Stock clear filiment bulb, stock amber painted filiment bulb, clear LED's that illuminate in white and the other in amber.

post-12-76198-allbulbs.jpg

AMBER LED WHEN LIT.
NOTICE THE "PROTRUDING DEMPLES" ON EACH LED. THATS THE PART THAT ACTUALLY LIGHTS UP. MORE ON THE PROTRUSIONS AT THE END.

post-12-76233-amber_led.jpg

WHITE LED's WHEN LIT.
NOTICE DUE TO BRIGHTNESS AND WHITNESS YOU CANT EVEN MAKE OUT THE DEMPLES.

post-12-76263-white_led.jpg

AMBER FILIMENT WHEN LIT

post-12-76448-yellow_filiment.jpg

AMBER LED'S IN AMBER STOCK TURN SIGNAL HOUSING ON LEFT. WHITE LED'S IN AMBER STOCK TURN SIGNAL HOUSING ON RIGHT.
Amber LED on left has more amber look due to amber lens cover. White illuminates better/more but in a clear lens might be an issue.

post-12-76328-amber_vs_white.jpg

CLEAR FILIMENT BULB IN STOCK AMBER HOUSING ON LEFT.
WHITE LED BULB IN STOCK AMBER HOUSING ON RIGHT.

Stock bulb seemed "hotter" with hot spot in center but not really "brighter". LED has more even distribution of light but doesnt lack in brightness.

post-12-76402-white_vs_wht_led.jpg

There is a very minor modification needed to use the LED bulbs in the stock housing. The bulbs fit perfectly meaning the demples touch just preventing the LED to fit. Using a drill bit I made four small "bumps" into the hole where the demples lined up. Bulbs fit fine and mod has no effect on stock bulbs.

In my opinion the white LED's are def brighter. IF amber is needed due to legal issues the amber isnt too much dimmer especially in a clear lens where amber color is needed.

The power savings alone is very very nice.

The white LED's compared to a stock filiment clear and/or amber bulb actually gives off nearly the same amount of light. You can tell a difference but it isnt much.

In my case the power savings alone makes it worth it. Im doing the 1157 socket day time running light on a switch mod, so being able to leave these on without worries is enuff for me. LED's should last forever.

I have everything apart and have the ability to take any pictures anyone may want. POST UP!

JD

Sorry here's the original post on this.

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'></span>

<!--EDIT|ICEMANN
Reason for Edit: None given...|1113281101 -->

Ice, posted in the other thread but can you get pics of the amber LEDs (both on and off) in a clear or smoked housing? And you know we will be waiting for your installation thread when you get it done!
biggrin.gif

JD, got my set ordered and recieved in a matter of days.... Very nicely packaged and the price was right on! Thanks for hooking another Org member up! Ks.

BigBSBusa,
As soon as it quits raining Ill get the busa out of the trailer and take the nose section off and put up some real pics today! With labels.

JD

Back