Trying to pay cash.

Bad time of year to buy... Spring right around the corner and new bike inventories are artificially very low. 16 k for a Busa - I'm getting old or the Busa has been around for sometime now. Or perhaps both I and the Busa are getting a little long in the tooth.

Seem to remember being able to buy a busa for high 9's OTD around the turn of the century. And you be lucky if they had one on the floor.

dealers around here don't have a busa in stock, (of course all the sportbike dealers in this area are owned by the same company. it sux, where's the diversity??) xtreme motorcycle group. uggh! had bad problems with them when I had my GS500, and never went back. I try to fix things myself now.

+1 on riding the white knight:laugh: to the dealer to gloat!! I would...

It's the DMV. I wouldn't bank on SHOULD BE.

that's how it is around here... I bought a bike from dealer in Ohio, didn't pay tax. they mailed me an Ohio title that I took to DMV, paid taxes and got WV title. no biggie, just saves a bit of money the day you buy it.

This is so true.

Maybe if you had the cash to cover it, finance it and then pay it off when the first statement is due? Might be able to get them to come down on the price.
Yeah, but they often have a clause that penalizes you for doing that.

The "paying AZ sales tax" should be the penalty. AZ still gets their money even if the bike is not purchased in the state.

Motor Vehicle Division

just got through crawling this site and nothing was documented about buying out of state.

I honestly think is just CA that does that crap. But I dont really know.

Back