Freshly unemployed

Busacure

Registered
:banghead: so now what. have some 401k to cash out. But im torn, pay off busa, sell busa, save 401k. What about car loan. I have 2 cars and 1 truck, only owe on one car but 401k isnt enough to pay it off. Im leaning towards giving up the car if it comes down to it and paying off the busa with some cash still left over. Maybe try to talk bank into short sale the car. Havent gotten to that point yet finacially, but i need a game plan.
Might pay off busa and sell it, 09 silver 5kmiles....price check. But i love that bike and its my escape. Either way at the end of the day I'll be ok i guess. Any suggestions and or opinions are always welcome.

sorry to hear.

File for unemployment....there is no shame in handling your finances.

If you can let the car you owe money on go...do it. No sense in have extras sitting around if you need $$ Maybe let both cars go and keep the truck and bike.

DO Not cash out your 401K!!!!!

Sell whatever you have to to keep that 401k where it belongs. Don't fool yourself into thinking you will ever replace it, and the taxes you will pay on it at the end of the year is nuts!

Sell the bike and both vehicles if you have to and buy one that is cheaper and paid for

What did you do for a living?

Can't you find something else, until the perfect job comes up again, hopefully soon?

Lol too late on the 401k, It had to be terminated due to loan on it and policy. @ Jellyrug I have 10 years in Land Surveying field, but wouldnt mind a fresh start with something. I have no problem applying for unemployment. Would rather be doing something productive. I have some prospects just dont want to make any hasteful decisions as far as relocating for a potential full time job in my field. Most landlords want a security deposit, but most jobs in my field dont come with a 1 year contract. These are very uncertain times, might just ride it out for a few months to get a good view on whats going to change ect. Gas is going up, so selling my 1 car might be a good idea too. The truck i have i bought for 1k, best money ever spent so it will stay with me till it can no longer be repaired. the car i have a note out on is a Nissan Versa (pos) but sips the gas so the wifey drives it. The car i would sell is a Mercury Sable 01 or something. Just going to have to cut out the services and stuff i dont need and be as frugal as i can stand. Now is a good time to help out my grandparents with their house and spend more time with the family. Just need to regroup, recenter and move on. Rick Scott was saying something about putting the unemployed to work, as state employees i guess idk, will see. Thanks for the replies so far and God-speed to all :thumbsup:

Sorry about your job.

I have a dear friend who has a surveying business and he is just barely getting enough work to hang on with a skeleton crew.

I have laid off every employee and parked all our equipment in the yard awaiting this touchy, feely change thing to run it's course.

You are not alone in this terrible position!

Good luck! I hope you find another job!

@racerv I live in the treasure coast area, Fl. Where the police cry on TV to keep their jobs, literally crying. I should try that lol. :thumbsup:

sorry to hear, to bad your not younger, i'd say join the military, preferably the Marines hint hint hint:whistle: they'd put a roof over your head, 3 hot meals, clothes and some spending change.

Don't know any Surveying Companies down there. I do know the Baltimore area is booming right now. You could call Bowman Consulting and ask for Wayne Aubertin. Don't know if they have anything but I do know they are busy. I could let you hang out in my camper with me for a few weeks until you got established and a place to live. Thier website says they are hiring. Bowman Consulting

time to consolidate. to bad you had to cash out the 401k the hit is never worth it. Good luck with the job search.

The oilfields are still going strong...If I knew where you lived I could help get you and interview with my company. We have bases in most of the states...let me know....

I'm living in Florida, Treasure Coast area. Had a buddy that moved back to Texas and was working the oil fields. BTW thanks for all the input, your awesome.

I know we have bases in FLA, let me check tomorrow at the office for contacts and i'll PM ya with some info. Good luck man....

Don't know any Surveying Companies down there. I do know the Baltimore area is booming right now. You could call Bowman Consulting and ask for Wayne Aubertin. Don't know if they have anything but I do know they are busy. I could let you hang out in my camper with me for a few weeks until you got established and a place to live. Thier website says they are hiring. Bowman Consulting

Thats real cool:thumbsup:

You guys telling him to keep his 401k must not have been paying attention to other countries where they're seizing the retirement funds to keep the gov't going.

Here in America, they're talking about doing the same since social security can't be raped any further. The talk behind it is that privatization of retirement funds has failed (stock market crash) and so the only way to secure it is to have the government run it. Once they control your 401k, they can cash out the money and write IOU's like they did with SS. There won't be a penny left when you need it.

Depending on how your 401k is setup, it may not be as painful as you think to liquidate it. I have company match and bonuses, so I would take out a sizable amount more than I put in.

Last edited:
KBR Halliburton
520 Turner Street, Pensacola, FL 32508-5225

(850) 455-3543 ‎

Not sure if that's close to you but Halliburton is hiring too....

KBR Halliburton
520 Turner Street, Pensacola, FL 32508-5225

(850) 455-3543 ‎

Not sure if that's close to you but Halliburton is hiring too....

Number is no longer in service. Went on the KBR website, looks like all the jobs are in Texas. I gotta get the hell out of Florida(been saying that for last few years). Will have a look thanks man:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Fickin guys.....been awhile since i've been in the States, currently in Iraq....i'll keep checkin' for ya. I got a friend that lives in West Palm Beach that works for them. i'll get back to you.

Back