I’m unemployed now…..

lil charlie

Registered
And I love it. I get to spend some time with my wife and kids before leaving them behind for 2 months as I start my new job in Houston. Next Tuesday was supposed to be my last day at work but my boss got all offended when I told him I needed one day off (last Monday). He told me no so I turned in my phone and keys. I needed the day off so I could figure out what to do with my Mom.

My parents have been together for 37 years and they just moved back to Arizona a week and a half ago. They got into a big blow up and decided to split, well my father decided. He had their house in Virginia all packed up and shipped out here just to tell her he didn’t want to be together anymore. I only wanted the day to figure out how I was going to get her home, but my boss made it easy for me. I packed her stuff into a uhaul and ended up driving her to her sister’s house in Arkansas. They dropped me off at the Little Rock airport and I flew home as they continued on to Virginia. Today my dad was over for lunch and he was complaining about paying the shipping company $10,700 to ship the household goods back to Virginia. I told him to was complaining to the wrong guy, it was his own doing. They could have split before they came out here and saved all that but he didn’t have the stones to tell her. I love them both but Im staying out of it.

I’m really looking forward to starting my new job in Houston on the 24th of this month. It is going to suck leaving the family behind but I just can’t afford to bring them out yet. Best case is I can have a place and ring them out between Thanksgiving and the 1st of December. Worst case is the 1st of the New Year. Im really hoping for November.

Congrats on the new job. Everything takes time, moving your family will take time. You all will be together soon.
Parents / you have a good head on your shoulders.

Sorry to hear about the family issues but it sounds like it's going to work out good for you and yours eventually. Congrats!

Let us know when you are in town. Texas Mile is this weekend if you are free on Fri/Sat/Sun to drive down and watch... :)

You're welcome...

(While I still sit here teaching other people's children :banghead: )

Its pretty much the same job I have here in Arizona (project managment for a construction company) just a different company and twice the pay.

wow you have to lovin life right now outside of your parents situation i suppose...congrats doing the same thing for twice the money? I wish...lol

1 more day and a wake up and I split. I hate to leave my wife and kids behind but I will be able to move them out at Thanksgiving.

Lil'

It'll Be Aw'ight! Just get used to taking a shower and never drying off! :)

There's an old saying in Houston, "It's not the heat, it's the stupidity!"
Take care and Houston is a great town once you get to know the area, great peeps too!
Bubba

Back