Off to get my trailer!

Bought my wheel chock and some tie down points tonight. Those wont get bolten in til after i paint the sides and epoxy the floor. Im not going to get the inside of the trailer dirty then have to clean it before i paint and epoxy the floor :rulez:

Ill make shelves after i get all that done to put the busa in it.

Locks and a tongue lock are first on the agenda...

Nice setup for sure. Ya defiantly got plenty of truck to pull it with too. :thumbsup:
Zukracer git a good deal on some E rail, it was pretty handy for adding bikes and for down other stuff.

Sent from Droid using Tapatalk

Nice setup for sure. Ya defiantly got plenty of truck to pull it with too. :thumbsup:
Zukracer git a good deal on some E rail, it was pretty handy for adding bikes and for down other stuff.

Almost got e-rails but went with the other ... think i shouldve gotten the rails? I can always return what i got and get the rails. Im only going to have one bike in the trailer because there wont be room after i add shelves, things to hand my gear, tool spaces and who knows what else im going to make :thumbsup:

Hard to say, ya never know what ya may end up doin with the trailer. But, since you plan on having built in shelves that would certainly limit the uses. Maybe a wait and see type thing.

Hard to say, ya never know what ya may end up doin with the trailer. But, since you plan on having built in shelves that would certainly limit the uses. Maybe a wait and see type thing.

Rethinking going back and getting the e rail... It looks good and definitely secure...

Almost got e-rails but went with the other ... think i shouldve gotten the rails? I can always return what i got and get the rails. Im only going to have one bike in the trailer because there wont be room after i add shelves, things to hand my gear, tool spaces and who knows what else im going to make :thumbsup:

Chances are at some point you're going to trailer the bike somewhere that a friend/fellow rider could go with you. Make the shelves easy to remove so you can put a second bike in there. Just a suggestion.

Chances are at some point you're going to trailer the bike somewhere that a friend/fellow rider could go with you. Make the shelves easy to remove so you can put a second bike in there. Just a suggestion.

Yes yes perhaps... Well the shelves wont be huge. Probly only take up a foot or foot and a half at most. You plannin on tryin to bum a ride in my trailer? ??? :laugh: jk Yeah ill probly get 4 5 foot rails cause each set of 5 foot rails will only hold one bike

Yes yes perhaps... Well the shelves wont be huge. Probly only take up a foot or foot and a half at most. You plannin on tryin to bum a ride in my trailer? ??? :laugh: jk Yeah ill probly get 4 5 foot rails cause each set of 5 foot rails will only hold one bike

Yep, swing up here to VA and take me to Maxton:poke::laugh: I only have an open trailer.

Yep, swing up here to VA and take me to Maxton:poke::laugh: I only have an open trailer.

Shouldnt be too hard to make my shelves removable if need be. Just need to plan where and how many screws to use. Painting inside and floor comes first. i have a month before i start that project although I am excited to do it :laugh:

Oh and probably the thing that most impressed me about this trailer is the LED taillights are VERY BRIGHT :beerchug: I recommend this trailer to anyone looking for one in driving distance of Charlotte, NC or center of Georgia. Im sure they have dealers in other states too. South Georgia Cargo is their name

Shouldnt be too hard to make my shelves removable if need be. Just need to plan where and how many screws to use. Painting inside and floor comes first. i have a month before i start that project although I am excited to do it :laugh:

Lowes has some adjustable shelves, put runners on the wall and the shelf supports hook into those. Not ideal for a trailer that'll be bouncing down the highway, but you may be able to rig em, starting point anyway.

What will the shelves before? I ask because you can get a shoe holder that goes on a door and nail it to the wall. you can put just about anything you need in there and it holds it well. We have one in ours and it's been one of the best mods yet.

Household-Essentials-Storage-and-Organization-24-Pocket-Over-the-Door-Shoe-Organizer.jpg

What will the shelves before? I ask because you can get a shoe holder that goes on a door and nail it to the wall. you can put just about anything you need in there and it holds it well. We have one in ours and it's been one of the best mods yet.

Just some miscellaneous stuff. All my lubricants, cleaners, waxes, PLEDGE :thumbsup:.

It wont be alot of shelving. Probly one shelf 2 feet wide and a foot deep. then another shelf for the helmet and a hanger below for my jacket and pants. I dont have a garage so this shall be my garage :thumbsup:

Dude...get the shoe holder. It will hold all that stuff. Put it in the space between the door and V. I'll take a pic of ours tomorrow and show ya what all it holds and where it is. As for a place to put you helmet and hand your jacket Omslaw has a really good set up with a shelf he got from lowes or home depot. I'll see if I can't find the pic for ya.

And before I forget....get a step down hitch, that will make life SO much easier.

Check this out..... https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/busa-haulers/130520-hauler-upgrades-time-bash.html

Dude...get the shoe holder. It will hold all that stuff. Put it in the space between the door and V. I'll take a pic of ours tomorrow and show ya what all it holds and where it is. As for a place to put you helmet and hand your jacket Omslaw has a really good set up with a shelf he got from lowes or home depot. I'll see if I can't find the pic for ya.

And before I forget....get a step down hitch, that will make life SO much easier.

Check this out..... https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/busa-haulers/130520-hauler-upgrades-time-bash.html

My look into those shelvings. I love the darker ceiling and white wallas. I may copy that... :laugh:

And im definitely getting the fluorescent lighting! Already pricing it!

Thanks for the ideas! :thumbsup: big help!

If you plan on spending any time in the trailer for wrenching on the bike or sleeping in it you might want to insulate that ceiling. That roof gets hot and just radiates that heat into the trailer. I plan on putting some of that insulation barrier in mine that looks like silver bubble wrap then putting up the thinest plywood I can find. It will help that thing from becoming a hot box come summer time.

Back