Yet another twist of the screws .... when is enough enough?

zukracer

I'm somewhere but dont know where
Donating Member
Registered
Debit card spending limit? Banks consider a $50 cap - Mar. 10, 2011

How's this going to impact, well .... everything? They are saying this will impact your debit cards if you use the PIN or if you use it as a credit card, same limit. :banghead:

Think about online purchases...going to get gas, just the whole nine yards. You know you wear the stripe off your debit card before the expiration date even gets close :laugh:. Its almost as if they are driving us into credit debt collectively or forcing people into a cash lifestyle again.

Oh yeah, another article linked off there says to watch your card's annual fee, rates and of course, watch your checking account fees as they are all expected to climb come April when new rules go into effect :banghead:

Thoughts?

won't be able to put gas in the jeep, buy parts (for anything :rofl:), send chelsey a decent flower arrangement, really do anything. if they have the daily withdrawal limit as well, hell, it'll take you a week to buy big ticket items. either that or you'll say "fu" to the bank and just stuff all your stuff in a mattress.

There are you just angry because one of their best rec producing fee was eliminated, over draft on debit cards :laugh:

Now they have to get it somewhere else

I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this. Haven't carried cash in decades, but that might be changing because I don't believe in pissing money away.

hmmm put a cap equals more transactions means more user fees. I started carrying cash a while back. Just got tired of giving those pricks money for nothing. I do most of my banking online but the odd i go to the bank and use my friendly teller. I had a teller tell me i could have done this at the bank machine and she was kinda peaved that she had to do something. So i told her yes i could have and if everyone used online or machines she would be out of a job. now im just rambling.???

hmmm put a cap equals more transactions means more user fees. I started carrying cash a while back. Just got tired of giving those pricks money for nothing. I do most of my banking online but the odd i go to the bank and use my friendly teller. I had a teller tell me i could have done this at the bank machine and she was kinda peaved that she had to do something. So i told her yes i could have and if everyone used online or machines she would be out of a job. now im just rambling.???

People always seem like that are upset that they have to do their job. Its sad. They think they should get paid for nothing.

I could buy very few things if they had that limit. Im sure each bank will be treading lightly. The first few banks to do it will lose many patrons.

i guess people will have to learn how to write checks again...personally, i don't see the big deal since everyone can just use a cradit card and pay it off at the end of every month like i do (might as well get the free $ they like to give away)...seems like people should be thanking the banks for making them do this since there is much less liability when using a CC instead of your debit card anyway

not good...everyone putting more and more control on things

i guess people will have to learn how to write checks again...personally, i don't see the big deal since everyone can just use a cradit card and pay it off at the end of every month like i do (might as well get the free $ they like to give away)...seems like people should be thanking the banks for making them do this since there is much less liability when using a CC instead of your debit card anyway

true but you are obviously conditioned and strict enough to do this....think of most of america that is already neck deep in debt...:whistle:

oh yeah make sure the cards done charge daily interest...yet another way they will get ya

I'll just have to use paypal (TheDevil) more often :stoopid: In reality the banks will probably just take a fee on to the consumer for each purchase to not just recover their losses but to gain more profits. You get charged an ATM fee unless it's their own. Why not a simple transaction fee. Say 0.50 each for any transactions above your allotted 5 per month.

i travel and im usually 500 miles or better away from my local bank. so i use the atm once a week and never touch my card again. if its gets too bad ill start wiring money or having my hard checks sent out and cash them locally.

i agree with semi though using a debit card or losing a debit card can be worse than a credit card in ways, i have one credit card i use for hotels and ordering parts. pay it off quickly.

Back