"Do you accept cash?"

.... i'm hearing guitar solos in my head.... and also my drunken words!!!

Plastic only. Pay my bill at the end of every month (no finance charge ) and earn bucks towards next vehicle(car, bike etc). Only way to go!

carry both...pay the cc off at the end of every month but sometimes you can finalize the deal by pulling out a wad of cash, it seems to put people over the edge (besides you might want to make a purchase you don't want the government tracking!)

(hottrodd7 @ Mar. 11 2007,05:28) Plastic only.  Pay my bill at the end of every month (no finance charge ) and earn bucks towards next vehicle(car, bike etc).  Only way to go!
+1!

No interest & points!!!!
guns.gif

Always have the paper. But use the plastic. Bill comes in and then use the cash.

I never have cash - it comes in and goes right out again... I do have a debit card for my $0.00 balance checking account... (what's wrong with this picture?).

At most i have $40 but its usually no more than $20.... otherwise i'm using the debt/credit card... i get money for using it so why would i use cash and get nothing back... i'll take free money anyday!

Very rarely carry cash. I'm just the opposite of you, bro. If I have cash in my wallet, it just burns and burns and burns until I just have to whip it out and spend it.

Plastic all the way, baby.

You're right about one thing, however. I've been out with people from time to time and had to have someone cover for me because the place didn't take plastic.

Commerce is better without the cash.

--Wag--

I usually carry some cash, maybe $20 - $40, but NEVER in my wallet. If I get jacked or I lose my wallet, I'll have a little cash on hand. Plastic is so much easier and cleaner.

I do have plastic for internet purchases and a bank card for use here and there, but cash just is more satisfying. This whole rant came because I switched jobs and had to CARRY an ACTUAL CHECK to the bank and deposite it. I mean, I never SEE the money I earn... it goes in automatically usually and this was the first time in YEARS, I had to carry MY PAYCHECK... the prrof I did work, and EARNED my way... to the bank... and it felt really good. I always carry cash, but the paycheck deal drove the point home: I was missing that private satisfaction.

Punisher: glad I can help. Thinking is good! Nothing wrong with plastic, some are totally used to it. But if satisfaction is missing.... somthings gotta give. Just don't loose your wallet!
biggrin.gif

PaN: You old laptop went to a very good home.
smile.gif
It IS a great gaming box and that is 80% of what I do with it. It plays everything I throw at it just great, and has kept me up a good number of late night hours racing, shooting, flying with my friends. It rode on my Busa out to Denver and back where I played games and emailed from hotels along the way. It's been to Arizona playing DVDs and MP3s on the plane, and games, chat, email in Chandler AZ, entertaining my brother, niece and nephew. It's assisted me at work, and outside office contract jobs, as well as help me find a new job and create a killer resume. I use it for my internet phone to call buddies nationwide for free, and makes up 50% of my home network for serving games and playing back music and video. Thanks man! I'd sell it back to ya but.... naw I like it too much! I hope ya understand
biggrin.gif

So, back on topic, if ya think something is missing in your work life - you know, get up work all day, come home, repeat INFINITELY, go to your bank and get out some cold hard cash and picture some of the neat things you could do with that - roll around in it for a while and remember you EARNED it.

PS dont try PRINTING that money shown above: most printers have special programming that locks them up hard if you try printing, scanning, copying money. FYI

biggrin.gif

I'll usually cary a few dollars with me, ust in case I go somewhere where they don't take debit cards.

It's rare that I'll have more the 20$ on me ... would just rather use plastic, as in debit cards ... almost all retail locations take debit cards, so its not really an issue.

Plus, for some reason when I have cash on me, I have an urge to spend it on stuff I don't need, so plastic is the way to go.
tounge.gif

What is cash?
rock.gif
?? If I have cash in my wallet, it is gone by morning, either wife or kids need lunch money, don't get me started on the price of lunches at school now.......
guns.gif

what is this "CASH" that you speak of? my wife might let me have 5 bucks a week.
SHOCKED.gif
guns.gif
argue.gif

cash paid is a good way to realizes that you spending it on something at the trasaction...but, when I uses my debt card, I can see it later on my account view at home...it tells every transactions...thats what keeps me tracking every time...but, I still carry some cash too...
super.gif

I usually have about $150 on me. I rarely ever spend it, I just carry it around for months. Otherwise I live in a completely cashless world. No checks either. Every red cent goes through Amex. Why? Well I earn points for one (Two Round Trip tickets to Europe for a couple of weeks including B&Bs) and it allows me to NOT have to ever write checks and not worry about weather or not I have enough cash. Biggest bonus though is the ease in tracking where my money goes. Last month the horrible reality hit me that the wife and I spent just over $1100 on eating out last month... WTF? No wonder I'm fat. But it does help to see this monthly online statement that details out EVERY last penny you've spent over the last 2-3 years. It brings to light screwed up spending habits and such quickly, Very handy.

Also, someone steal my card? I'm out $50, no big deal, no access to my checking or savings, no Debit cards to wipe me out. So it's safe, easy, and I get points for whatever. Win-Win...

I carry that little bit of cash to remind me that I do make a living though...

so without it, Rev, your compensation goes by invisibly on computers, over wires.... kinda nice having something physical. Like being married to a "pen pal only" on the otherside of the planet
smile.gif

(WWJD @ Mar. 12 2007,15:57) so without it, Rev, your compensation goes by invisibly on computers, over wires.... kinda nice having something physical. Like being married to a "pen pal only" on the otherside of the planet
smile.gif
Totally without ever seeing it. I get a little Statement handed to me that insists there has been money deposited in my bank in Colorado. Go figure.

So not only is my money invisible to me, it's a thousand miles away and invisible too me. Getting ready to change banks though, I want to move everything over to USAA. They are much better at taking care of the wife and I than the Local Credit Union back home.

Right now though I have $10 in my wallet that I've been carrying around for about 3 weeks.
crazy.gif

I figure if I need Cash, I'll go next door and hit up the bank of "Liberal-Anti Gun Neighbor". It's a small outfit, but easily accessible.
ices_rofl.gif

Back